Ponant 1st Timer Question on Jeans Acceptability

summerclouds

Having received very helpful answers to my earlier questions on various topics, I venture one more question about attire. 

DH and I are booked on the Malta to the Adriatric Coast cruise on L'QAustral (May 29 - June 6)  We booked very early because of the overall itinerary and the small ship size allowing the ship to end its cruise by sailing into and docking in the Venice lagoon. After our booking, the cruise was given a Gastronomy and Wine theme which we thought might provide some interesting lectures and activities.   We've now received our pre-cruise documents and notice in the travel book how very nicely dressed everyone looks in all the pictures, including walking on beaches and in various on-board photos. 

We definitely expect to dress "smart casual" in the evenings for dinner in the restaurants and the replies to Gentleman's Dress Code query have been helpful in that regard, especially for my husband.  However, the pictures in the travel book have given us pause about how to dress otherwise.  Will we be out of place if we wear blue jeans (no holes/ratty looking) to breakfast and lunch, to tea or events on ship during the day, and on primarily walking excursions?  

Thanks for any advice folks can share.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, summerclouds said:

Will we be out of place if we wear blue jeans (no holes/ratty looking) to breakfast and lunch, to tea or events on ship during the day, and on primarily walking excursions?

No, but you may be too warm. I don't take jeans anywhere unless it's really going to be winter, and even then rarely. IMO they take up too much room, and if they get wet it's impossible to get them dry, so the "usefulness per unit of space in my luggage" quotient isn't that favorable.

But you won't be thrown overboard for wearing jeans during the day. EVERY cruise line has sharply-dressed models in their catalogs. I have yet to see those people on any line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

jpalbny,  thanks for the reassurance we won't be tossed overboard for wearing jeans.  (I like to swim, but more at a time/place of my own choosing)  "Usefulness per unit of space" is an interesting metric.  I may consider replacing my "how often do I really think I will wear this" with it.

• Like 1