Gluten Free on Explora 1

I have celiac disease and need to be 100 percent gluten free. I also don't eat fish, shellfish or lamb. How flexible were the restaurants in modifying their menus. My wife eats everything, and I don't want to limit where we dine.

8 hours ago, TequilaJane said:

I have celiac disease and need to be 100 percent gluten free. I also don't eat fish, shellfish or lamb. How flexible were the restaurants in modifying their menus. My wife eats everything, and I don't want to limit where we dine.

Extremely flexible. Advise them before cruising of your needs and they take it from there

They send you a menu for the restaurants the day before and you have to write on them your selection based on where you plan to dine anf return it to the restaurant desk on deck 5 by 10 am. Chef cooks the amended menu or contacts you if adaptations aren’t possible eg recipe wont work.

When you go to the restaurant in the evening the host has the menu you wrote on at the podium and hands it to the waiter. All VERY well handled 

At lunch time in the emporium if we were unsure what a dish included the restaurant managers were quick to go and find out. They started preparing a dessert each day for DH just in case (he has a nut allergy) and keeping it in the chiller 

We were very impressed with Explora’s approach to allergy handling. We heard they weren’t good at changing things before we went and that’s certainly true if the request is a fad/personal preference which given the range of choices and how they approach cooking with consistency and precision is valid but for medical allergies they go the extra mile and they’ve really got it nailed. 

• Like 2