How to get from Terminal 30 (Seattle) to hotel Downtown

thecoop

I will assume there are taxi's there at the terminal, are there any other methods to get to a hotel which we have already booked (not thru Princess)

Taxi...best way to go, very close, not too expensive...

I suppose theoretically you could walk, but Terminal 30 is more than a few blocks from downtown

Skip the taxi. Take a limo instead!

We were a party of 4 with 10 bags. We caught an Airport Limousine from the SeaTac airport to the Sheraton downtown for $35 (including tip). Limos are located on the same parking deck as taxis --- just look to your right.

It was my daughter's first limo ride, and she was stylin'!

Very detailed info on what to see and do in Seattle and Alaska (we were on the Star Princess): http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/alaska.html

Skip the taxi. Take a limo instead!

We were a party of 4 with 10 bags. We caught an Airport Limousine from the SeaTac airport to the Sheraton downtown for $35 (including tip). Limos are located on the same parking deck as taxis --- just look to your right.

It was my daughter's first limo ride, and she was stylin'!

Very detailed info on what to see and do in Seattle and Alaska (we were on the Star Princess): http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/alaska.html

I believe the question was how to get from the pier to downtown, not from the airport. So no, don't skip the taxi.

What is the underground tour in Seattle? I have seen it advertised but not sure what it is.

The Underground Tour takes place in Pioneer Square - the oldest part of Seattle.

When white folks first settled in the area, they started built their town on the edge of Eliott bay just north of the Duwamish river. Basically an area of tidal mud flats.

Over time, fire, flooding, tides, and sewer problems forced the little city to raise the grade of it's streets by a full floor. So, the first floor of original buildings became the basement. And the second floor became the new ground level.

The tour takes folks down to these "abandoned" areas where you can still see evidence of entry doors, windows, and sidewalks. Along with the physical history, is a heavy dose of humor and silliness.

The tours have been running for more than 30 years. The tours began when Seattleites were just becoming aware of the history and value of the Victorian architecture. The Undergroud tours helped stop destructive redevelopment in the 1970's and they helped start a restoration movement (which ultimately saved the Pike Place Public Market too).

You need a taxi to get to Pioneer Square or the core of downtown (they are adjacent to each other). The fare from pier 30 should be in the 5 - 10 dollar range depending on your destination. There are always taxi's at the pier.

I hope you have fun in my hometown. No place beats Seattle in the summer!

*Please note: the Seattle Art Museum is closed through the summer while it undergoes a MAJOR expansion (more than double).

Wow, I missed that.

Yes, my instructions were from the Airport to Downtown.

You can get a limo from the pier (we did), but you have to pre-arrange it, or call them.

SeaTeacher covered The Underground Tour. It's is pretty cool.

Although you need some type of transport to get from the pier to downtown, once there, the Bus is free throughout the downtown area.

thanks much for the info, we may end up taking the underground tour along with just using the busses in the DT are to commute around

Will probably just take a taxi to hotel, drop off luggage, hope they allow luggage to be dropped off before check in

Archived