Question about port-to-airport transfers in Vancouver

5 minutes ago, robins11 said:

...So we simply left our luggage at Gray Line West Coast Sightseeing which is located inside the cruise terminal as you exit from the ship. We deposited our two suitcases there around 9am and picked them up again at 4.30pm. You have until 5pm latest to collect them....

And that's great for an earlier flight, although they are priced far higher than any other local bag storage place, and have the shortest hours, so they're worthless for folks with a redeye despite being right there as oyou disembark - the PP will hold any size of bag a full day for $10 vs. limited hours for $13+...

They do cut the cost if you book one of their own tours, so someone who can conveniently collect bags before 5pm and plans to take HOHO or a Grayline coach tour pays a perfectly reasonable price, but their pricing relies on the ignorance of the average cruiser (the prior franchisees charged $8 for a big bag, WestCoast jacked it up to $12 as soon as they took over, and that was pre-Covid) - only folks who query CC, Tripadvisor and similar fora will discover the PP which is in the same building, so you may carry bags a little further getting off the ship but that's more than canceled out by picking them up right at street level again instead of having to return inside the pier building for collection and walk the same distance an extra time.

2 minutes ago, EDDY0827 said:

I had none of those. There was a sign that said TSAPre along with GE and Nexus. I questioned the agent checking boarding passes about TSAPre, she checked my boarding pass, saw the PreCheck emblem and waved me through. Maybe this is a trial for a limited time? I'm not Canadian so I don't know. All I know is that I passed through this que with no international program certification, just TSAPre.

Thanks for clarifying that you actually saw it signed that way - that's great news for all the TSA Pre folks! I haven't flown through YVR since the expanded CBP hours started this year, so maybe this addition happened at the same time - there's also been some CATSA piloted 'make life easier for everyone' changes spreading across the country, so maybe TSA Pre getting added to the list came from our side...

Hmm - now I think about it, whyever it happened this is actually a terrible change because now I'll have more people also entitled to 'my' short queue!!!! 😉

• 4 weeks later...