Alaska Front(ier) of the Line

Has anyone else attempted to book these?  My TA attempted to book one Rockstar and 3 Sea Terraces (want to bring the whole family).  For some reason, I only got deposit e-mail messages for the 2 Sea Terraces, and they both say "Limited View", which is a non-starter for an Alaska cruise!  Could be just that's what they put for the placeholder, but it's pretty scary to me.

14 hours ago, aviators99 said:

nd they both say "Limited View", which is a non-starter for an Alaska cruise!  Could be just that's what they put for the placeholder, but it's pretty scary to me.

Yes this is normal. You will be able to select any Sea Terrace when the time comes. This was a note I received from VV. It's the same for Rockstars and Mega Rockstars, it shows the based level of the category.  Note that you, or your TA will have to call VV to convert the deposit to a booking. 

The booking will note that this is a Limited View Sea Terrace Lock it-in Rate. Please ignore this. When the time comes to book a real voyage, and for example, the Sailor picked a Sea Terrace deposit, at that point, the Sailor can choose which type of Sea Terrace category for their voyage.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Takes up to 72 hours to get a response.

I have no artifact of what time I put the form in but I got the response at 3est, so 26ish hours maybe?  I do agree that it noting that the room was "lock in rate" was a little disconcerting after almost ending up on the wrong side of the Panama Canal massive price change because I didn't like the automatic room assignments I was getting and wasn't willing to accept a Guarantee room. 

Hopefully they DON'T require us to call them in the end to convert or thats going to be a headache for everyone involved.

On 5/9/2024 at 10:30 PM, CastleCritic said:

Hopefully they DON'T require us to call them in the end to convert or thats going to be a headache for everyone involved

That sounds like it's going to be the plan, but your TA can make the call for you is my understanding. Also keep in mind that the bookings will open one week early for the Front of the Line so you won't be calling with the general public to get those rooms. It should not be that bad, especially if your TA takes care of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

That sounds like it's going to be the plan, but your TA can make the call for you is my understanding. Also keep in mind that the bookings will open one week early for the Front of the Line so you won't be calling with the general public to get those rooms. It should not be that bad, especially if your TA takes care of it.

Still thats going to be what? 3-4 months of bookings, thats a LOT of phone calls that also have to be made and answered

....And I dont have an agent.

Its not like I want the mermaiden or anything, but after seeing them jack up the prices as soon as the east coast started to book this week...

Hopefully they release more details well before the date this all starts.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Since there are placeholders in our account that you can see on the website, I was thinking we might be able to "convert" them, just like we convert MNVV, as opposed to calling.

Edited by aviators99

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, aviators99 said:

Since there are placeholders in our account that you can see on the website, I was thinking we might be able to "convert" them, just like we convert MNVV, as opposed to calling.

From what we've heard, the phone call will still be required. It's not a placeholder like the MNVV that any TA can convert to a sailing. All subject to change of course....

Edited by CruisingWalter