seattle pier 66

has anyone used the luggage concierge? we have about 7 hours to "waste" til embarkation. Is there alot to do at/near pier? Is the double deck bus convinient?

I live in Seattle, so I have not used the concierge. But, I can tell you it costs $3 per bag. The pier 66 (Bell Street Pier) facility is very nice, though somewhat small compared to other embarkation ports. The pier is used mostly by NCL and Celebrity. It's an ideal location for walking tours of downtown and the tourist section of the waterfront. Restaurants and a Maritime Museum are located right on the pier. Tourist info is available through the concierge.

The Gray line double deck bus tour stops right at the Bell Street Pier. The tour is of the hop on/hop off variety, so you can board the bus tour at the pier or at any of the several other stops.

Also nearby: Pike Place Public Market (don't miss it. It's the soul of Seattle - it's up a steep "hill climb" but look carefully, a series of elevators are available); the Seattle Aquarium (open but undergoing construction); Seattle Art Museum (CLOSED for expansion); Harbor Steps (our version of the Spanish Steps) which includes restaurants, shops, and galleries); and the entire tourist section of the waterfront which includes shops, an IMAX theatre, carousel, restaurants, parks, and the ferry terminal at the opposite end.

Nearby but accessed by a long walk or bus/taxi: Nordstrom flagship store; Pioneer Square; Seattle Center (Space Needle, Experience Music Project, Science Fiction Museum; Pacific Science Center - note: the Gray Line bus stops at the Center).

Final notes: Seattle is a hilly city. Walking any substantial distance WILL include step grades, so unless you limit yourself to staying on the waterfront, I do recommend a bus or taxi. The exception is the Pike Place Market and the retail core that can be accessed via elevator and steps) Also, Metro Bus service in the downtown core is free, including the shuttle along the waterfront which takes you to the historic Pioneer Square neighborhood.

Welcome to my favorite city!

Archived