CARNIVAL WEBSITE FRUSTRATION!!!!!!!

Rocky1540

Okay, first of all I'm not a computer illiterate...BUT...what the h*** is up with Carnivals website??? I am trying to put in a past guest # and / or current booking # and it keeps telling me there's no match and that my past guest # is already assigned to someone else.

Now I tried the only way my name could have been possibly entered in and it still won;t let me do it. I called Carnival and they were unable to help. They gave me a # to call tomorrow because the department was closed. I'm not bashing Carnival but I just can't figure it out. I know that I was on it not long ago....any insight or help would be appreciated.....Thanks in advance.

Rocky

Not enough time for crusin'!

Days Until Paradise on the Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;4;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Disney Magic 8/1998

Destiny 6/1999

Sensation 2/2000

Grand Princess 7/2000

Victory 2/2001

Pride 2/2002

Imagination 2/2003

Glory 4/2005

E-Mail - Rockee40@adelphia.net

You have gotten further then I have been able to. Every time I try to access their sight it reads that they are currently doing maintenance on their web site and to check back later. That has been this way for the last four days. I keep hitting the refresh button with no luck. Can anyone help us out there??

Rocky...you are not alone. I've tried to access the site and have gotten the same thing. It is very frustrating! Carnival really needs to do something about this, especially if they want people to continue rebooking. I was so excited after our cruise last month, I went directly to their website when I got home and all I got was frustration. Come on Carnival, get your act together!

I called Guest Relations at Carnival today to try and get my past guest number. I sailed on the Fantasy on 5/2/04 and was told by the representative that i talked to that Carnival is redoing their data base and are manually entering past guest information. He told me that right now they are entering those from 2002. He said I might have my number by the end of October...Yikes icon_rolleyes.gif I sail 11/15 on the Sensation so I am thinking this is pretty much going to dash any chances I might have as getting an upgrade or being invited to the past cruisers cocktail party

5/2/04 Fantasy

Countdown till we sail on the Sensation!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Skylark~I had to clear my cookies before I could get the Carnival site to finally come back up after they had been working on it.

NCL Sunward 1992

Premier (Big Red Boat) 1998

Sovereign of the Seas 2000

Fascination 2001

Carnival Spirit 2002

Carnival Conquest 2003

Enchantment of the Seas 2003

Sensation 2004

I heard on another thread that people were having trouble with Carnival's website if they went through AOL. I use Explorer and the only problem I have is that I too am looking for my past guest number. My PVP is working on it for me.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;1;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

1/30 Victory cruise

I cleared my cookies and I still get the message that the website is under going maintenance. I did figure out a way into the site. You click onto search and then click the home button. It will bring you to the home page. I too agree with everyone, Carnival needs to get their website and business together!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;08;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Empress of the Seas - Bermuda

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;06;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Victory- Going Nowhere and Lovin It!!!!

Carnival Victory 6/04

Empress of the Seas 8/04

Majesty of the Seas 12/03

Explorer of the Seas 4/2002

Imagination 8/2000

I posted this on another thread, I've been trying to access the bookmodify.aspy to enter my booking number. Sometimes it says there is no such number assigned and sometimes it says there is an error and to try again later. I e-mailed Carnival and they quickly responded by saying to call them to see if they could fix it on there end. I haven't called yet.

Not having your past cruiser number will not affect your chances or an upgrade or being invited to the past cruisers party. When you book have the agent use the number you have. If it not right - ket them figure it out. As far as the past cruiser party you can indicate on your boarding pass that you have cruised before. If you still don't get the invite you cna go to the pursers desk.

-- Cheryl

****Proud member of O.A.T.C.****

Check out my Homepage in my profile for Conquest info

10/99 Fantasy

12/01 Inspiration

03/02 Inspiration

03/03 Conquest

05/04 Rhapsody

Rocky1540, I went through the same thing yesterday. I called the number and the gave me my past cruiser number and told me to bring it to the front desk when on board and they will make sure that you are rec

RCCL SUN VIKING/ 6/86

CARNIVAL JUBILEE/ 8/01

CARNIVAL PRIDE/ 7/02

HAL VEENDAM/ 4/03

CELEBRITY GALAXY/ 6/03

HAL ZAANDAM/ 3/04

CARNIVAL GLORY/ 8/04

Sorry pushed the botton to soon....they said they can take care of it with the number they will give you. I still called my TA and I have her following up on it. Let me know how you make out!

RCCL SUN VIKING/ 6/86

CARNIVAL JUBILEE/ 8/01

CARNIVAL PRIDE/ 7/02

HAL VEENDAM/ 4/03

CELEBRITY GALAXY/ 6/03

HAL ZAANDAM/ 3/04

CARNIVAL GLORY/ 8/04

Get this - I entered everything and when I went back to check a few days later, it shows me as past cruisers (with a number). The one and only cruise we took was 13 years ago! Find it bizarre that Carnival can't connect past cruisers from May, but can from 1990 - me thinks I've got someone's frequent cruiser number?!

Carnival Spirit - 1st Time Cruisers

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;7;28;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-1000

I had similar problems several months ago. Their site kept saying "that number is assigned to someone else"

Went on the PRIDE in May and everything was fine, got my invitation to go to the past cruisers "drinkathon" which is the only perk one gets on Carnival. icon_confused.gif

I was upgraded from a 1A to a 5A, so maybe its just the luck of the draw.

Gary icon_cool.gif

Dolphins.gif

I've given up on trying to do anything with that Web site. I booked the upcoming trip on the site before the changes with no problems, but I'm unable to make any payment through the site. I enter my information, click submit, and I'm thanked for my payment... and it never processes. I had to call them to finish payment.

That's truly puzzling. You think they'd at least have perfected the technological aspect of parting a customer from cash. icon_smile.gif

Carnival Conquest 9/12/2004

Ecstasy 12/2003

Yes, their site is the pits.

However, I did find where you can get your past guest number on line. Go here: Home/Experienced Cruiser/Carnival past guest/Past Guest number. From there, it will ask you a couple of questions (name and date of birth, I think.) and then it appears. I too had called and wrote to them to help me on this. Over time, I gave up and then, accidentally, found this on their site.

Happy Cruzin' icon_cool.gif

I was told last year to wait for at least 3 months to get my past guest #... I did and called back and voila, they had it... As for them telling you they were "re-doing" the system... I would imagine if you called again, someone else would tell you something different... it's amazing how many stories they come up with something simple icon_biggrin.gif Depends on who you talk to...

animated+angel+and+devil.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the SINsational Cruise from the Bayou!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2005;10;30;15;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Valor Vampires 10/30/05

Sensation 7/03

See our cruise pics at: http://groups.msn.com/thesensationgroup/chrisandchrispictures.msnw?Page=1

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sallyb:

I heard on another thread that people were having trouble with Carnival's website if they went through AOL.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have AOL and have to use Explorer to get through Carnivals site, I cannot use my AOL browser.

BUMP TO THE TOP

I agree with VoyagerFL...

Carnival's Website Just Plain Sucks!!

I don't have AOL...I have Roadrunner at home and a T1 connection at work; it does not matter...it just sucks! Hard to navigate...half the features do not work...still cannot get past guest number.

Carnival...please just fix it!!

Mike Childs

Celebration 02/23/04

Elation 06/20/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;6;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

until honeymoon cruise on Elation

They've been having problems for months now. I gave up trying to update my info. However when talking to my PVP they had most of the old information and they took my current info. My TA had all of my info anyway so both said it was not a problem for me but a problem for the site.

Since then (last year when I booked) all of the information was correct although it wasn't on their site.

When I was ready for the cruise the info sent to me was all correct as was the corresponding info at the pier. So I quit worring about the info on the site and made sure my TA and PVP have the same info. (I have used both TA and PVP to book cruises.)

So with all the info correct I just settle down and also check once more 75 days before my cruise date. (Just for my own piece of mine. What small piece is left after first encounter with the dreaded Carnival site.)

If you have an old copy of Carnival's Currents magazine you'll find your past guest number on the label.

So while there's some things that don't appear on the site because it has more bugs in it than an ant hill, just chill, call Carnival and keep after them until you get your cruise info, that's the most important info anyway and have a jello shot or like someone said forget the jello and have a shot, you'll probably need it. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

1/16/05 Conquest Cruzin' Crazies! Better known as the Griswold Cruzin' Crazies)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;16;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

http://community.webshots.com/user/logoshoe

I appreciate all the replies but I do have a past guest #. I'm not trying to get one but trying to access my reservation and do the "fun" thing so we can get on the ship earlier....GRRRRR

Rocky

Not enough time for crusin'!

Days Until Paradise on the Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;4;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Disney Magic 8/1998

Destiny 6/1999

Sensation 2/2000

Grand Princess 7/2000

Victory 2/2001

Pride 2/2002

Imagination 2/2003

Glory 4/2005

E-Mail - Rockee40@adelphia.net

Archived