What did you do in Holyhead?

4 hours ago, Harters said:

It is. But you will usually see it as Gymru on "Welcome to Wales" road signs. Something to do with grammar I understand (not that I actually understand any detail of that). 

Right.  I wont bore with the details but the phrase Croeso i Gymru (Welcome to Wales) is grammatically correct.

Cymru is pronounced Come ree.

4 hours ago, Harters said:

It is. But you will usually see it as Gymru on "Welcome to Wales" road signs. Something to do with grammar I understand (not that I actually understand any detail of that). 

Right.  I wont bore with the reasons but the sign Croeso i Gymru (Welcome to Wales) is grammatically correct.  

Cymru is pronounced Come ree.

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

Maybe they changed to speaking in Welsh whenever they were talking about you? 😉

I was on a cruise a few years ago.  In a queue I heard people behind me speaking in a language that was not English.  I tuned in.  It was Welsh.  I turned and jokingly said in Welsh, Be careful, I can understand you!  

1 hour ago, Planning to cruise said:

I was on a cruise a few years ago.  In a queue I heard people behind me speaking in a language that was not English.  I tuned in.  It was Welsh.  I turned and jokingly said in Welsh, Be careful, I can understand you!  

I remember one occasion when we were in a restaurant, sitting on the next table to a couple who did spend much of the evening audibly talking to each other about us. Speaking in Afrikaans, which they clearly thought that we could not understand.

They must have been new to London.