Question re: Apex Fitness Center RYDE - Indoor Cycling Class Package

Our upcoming cruise on the Apex will be our first cruise on an Edge class series.  When we sailed on the Equinox, on embarkation day we just went to the fitness center and purchased/signed up for the bicycle spin classes offered in the fitness center.  The cruise planner for the Apex, lists a "RYDE - Indoor Cycling Class Package".  The description of this package says "45 minutes. Package includes access to 4 or more RYDE classes." However, when I "Reserve" this package, it only lists  "Day 1" as an  option with appointment times every 15 minutes from 12 noon until 2:45 p.m.  It does not provide the  option to schedule the classes on 4 separate days.  Can anyone who has signed up for this package on an Edge class ship explain how this works?  Should I buy the package in advance now, or wait  until we day 1 embarkation to sign up?  Thanks for your help.

I paid for the RYDE package on a recent 7 day Beyond cruise.  Must admit I was also a bit confused with the day 1 time slot but turned out it was just to “check in” at the gym.  They had a sheet for each paid gym session so you just fill out your details, it is useful as you can see how many others are booked on.  What I did find is I was the only one who paid for the RYDE package and others just paid the $20 a class so don’t feel you have to pay upfront.  There was 3 spin sessions which were ok, first and second was the same instructor who was really good, the third session not so good and a different instructor who I didn’t feel was that well trained.  They supplied spin shoes with cleats so you don’t need to take your own.  The sessions were never full so I would say pay as you go just in case you don’t want to or can’t attend one of the sessions.  Hope that helps. 

1 hour ago, Sniffy said:

They supplied spin shoes with cleats so you don’t need to take your own.  The sessions were never full so I would say pay as you go just in case you don’t want to or can’t attend one of the sessions.  Hope that helps. 

Thanks for the info.  Yes, your info helped to clarify those Day 1 appointment times.  Hubby will take his own shoes (with SPD cleats) because he wears a size 12A which I doubt they would have available. On the Equinox, he just used his tennis shoes with the toe cages on the bike.  On the Equinox, the classes were overbooked and some people who had signed up previously did not get a bike for the class.