One day itinerary help!

Hey all, 

We will be in port in early July. I've been looking at tours and struggling to find one that will only take 2 people and/or encompasses all the stops we would like. We're also not a fan of the huge bus tours with dozens of people. I've considered us renting a car. We are cruising on Carnival, which means docking at the Havensight port, right? I have looked at many forums but there never seems to be a clear response- Is there a car rental location at that port? I contacted one company and never received a response back. 

My other thought was to maybe do the skyride (I really don't want to pay $28/pp, but I'd like us to get to see a lovely view - any other comparable options for a great view?), then walk on to Charlotte Amalie and see Fort Christian, 99 steps, Blackbeard's/Bluebeard's Castle, and then maybe take a taxi to a nearby beach. Do we have enough time to enjoy these things? I think we have 10-5 in port. 

We also considered the pirate museum, but I see mixed reviews on whether that's worth it or not, so I'm just not sure. 

I'm really struggling with what to do while we are here for the day! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

There is a car rental agency within walking distance of Havensight. 360 Car Rental at the Giant Gas Station across from Pueblo. You can see it on Google Maps.

It is getting more difficult for 2 people to book a tour unless they opt for higher price private tour.

Blackbeard's Castle was damaged during the storm, and has not reopened. Bluebeard's Castle is open and has a museum. A YouTube video of the museum was recently posted.

Free parking may be difficult to find in town but the paid lot next to Fort Christian should be available. Not sure what current rates are. Check online for current open days and hours for Fort Christian. They may be open more days now than they were a while back, because more historic walking tours have included the Fort interior in their tour.

With a rental car you can drive up to Paradise Point. There may be limited parking, though.

You have time, but beach time will be limited so keep track of time!

Also, most rental car agencies will deliver car anywhere, so feel free to shop around.