Spirit and Star in port today - looked beautiful but ramp traffic was scary

jonsurg

Drove past port today and the two beautys were in port. Counting the days till my cruise on the Dawn in May but hated to think of having to be on the ramp to the port. Cars were hardly moving and it was a real line. Still trying to decide if I want to drive myself or get a car service (costs are about thesame)

Chris

I think you meant the Spirit and Dawn to start your thread. You are 100% right about two ships at the pier in new york at the same time. Its a nightmare. I boarded the spirit just a couple of weeks ago when the dawn was at the pier as well and the traffic was awful.

Well I was there. We were the last color tag to be called off the ship. We got off the ship at about 11am. Found our luggage at about 1110am. We were in line for a taxi by 1120am and at Penn Station before noon. I found the whole disembarkation process to be painless.

Mike

Oops you are right, I did mean the Spirit and the Dawn

Mike it is reassuring to hear that you had such an easy experience although I hate to guess if it was the same for people dropping off for emabarkation.

Oops you are right, I did mean the Spirit and the Dawn

Mike it is reassuring to hear that you had such an easy experience although I hate to guess if it was the same for people dropping off for emabarkation.

My embarkation was rediculously easy. Of course we were the only ship in port that day. We gave our bags to the porters. We already had luggage tags. My sister did not. She had to go wait in line to get them. After giving the porters the bags we waited in a large room until our row was called to check in. We checked in and went to another desk to put a cash deposit on our room. This only took a few minutes. Then we went to the metal detectors and xray machines and right onto the ship.

Mike

Archived