Spirit cabin and smoking sections below and above

Planning our first Alaska 7 day cruise May/June and looking at 2 different cabins. I believe starboard side to see the sunrise?

1. 7181 starboard side extended balcony middle.

2. 7243 starboard side regular balcony middle.

Smoking areas are on Deck 3 (starboard side, forward), Deck 9 (starboard side, forward) and Deck 10 (starboard side, forward).

Should I forgo the sunrise and book port side to avoid any smoke issues?

Should I go with extended balcony ($80.00) more? I know the lifeboats will be 2 decks below our balcony.

TY in advance

Posted (edited)

Why not just grab a room on the Port side and not worry about the smoke at all.  It's not like the ship will be going straight North through your whole cruise.  You will be traversing between islands, so it could be going East or West for at least part of the time.  You will be pulling into port around sunrise on some days, so no telling which direction the ship will be facing.  Also, considering that the ship will also be going the opposite direction when you are returning to your home port, either side of the ship will have great views at some point.  And you won't want to miss some of those beautiful late-night Alaskan sunsets.  This picture was taken just after midnight.

image.thumb.jpeg.8b8435d2031ad149ad999062d88953f9.jpeg

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 3

Thank you for your response, beautiful photo. That is what I will do, port side. I am also going with the extended balcony😀

• Like 1