Anchorage to Seward Bus Questions

BM16Snyder

I’m looking for information about the check-in process and bus transfer from Anchorage to Seward. My TA informed me that I can check-in between 8am and 11am and the process “takes a while”. Buses depart at noon. 

I’m hoping someone that has done this recently can provide more details. Is there benefit of arriving early? What’s the waiting area like? Are snacks provided on the bus? 

On 6/1/2024 at 11:55 AM, BM16Snyder said:

I’m looking for information about the check-in process and bus transfer from Anchorage to Seward. My TA informed me that I can check-in between 8am and 11am and the process “takes a while”. Buses depart at noon. 

I’m hoping someone that has done this recently can provide more details. Is there benefit of arriving early? What’s the waiting area like? Are snacks provided on the bus? 

We just returned from an Alaskan cruise and took the bus from Anchorage to Seward. I think typically you check in at the Egan Center beginning at 8:00 am. However the day we left the Muse (we were on the Nova) was embarking also. So they move the check in for the Nova passengers to a different building. We checked in a little after 8am and had our choice of bus departures, the first being at 10:00. I think they are scheduled about 15 minutes apart. It was almost 3 hours to Seward due to some road construction along the way. But a fairly scenic ride. Once in Seward, check in took about 10 minutes and then we boarded. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We came off the Muse last week after departing Seward.  As we arranged our own flight and accommodation we checked in early at 0830 or so at the Egan Centre and took the first bus out at IIRC 1030 a.m.There wasn't much provided at the Centre (maybe water and/or coffee) but as the season rolls on things might change - checking in early did give us a chance to wander around Anchorage for an hour or so.  We really enjoyed the scenic bus ride as we had amazing weather and a really good driver who also turned it into a pseudo tour.  There is a goodie bag provided for the bus which had some interesting locally made items.  The cookies were amazing.  As far as arriving early, definitely an advantage if you like (as we do) getting onto the ship and exploring.

There are a few kinks in the check-in process that I hope have been ironed out by now.

• Like 1