Sailing Royal Princess 1 June 2024: what questions can I answer?

I wondered if anyone posting here is in a Penthouse Suite?

We’ve been on Royal Princess a few times but always midship and low deck.  Thinking of upgrading from a mini suite to a Penthouse Suite on a three day coastal ex Sydney next March but wondered whether there is much movement up there in fair weather?

Many thanks

10 hours ago, _rusty_shackleford said:

I've never actually heard of or seen tote bags on this or any of our previous Princess cruises, and we've been with Princess since 2022. Didn't even know it was a thing!

Princess has had tote bags around for a long time.  However, when there was a problem with the supply chain and I think during Covid, Princess stopped giving them out.  On our coastal cruise in April, we got one but did not get one on our Royal cruise.  I have seen pictures of the bags from other cruisers' posts so wasn't sure if they were making a complete comback or if it was hit or miss.  Here is a picture for you.

20240612_062830.thumb.jpg.808cb151ed821c7846867b4b663d1428.jpg20240612_062830.thumb.jpg.808cb151ed821c7846867b4b663d1428.jpg

Quick Question...

Our sailing is in a week.  I reserved dining times awhile back, but recently, about two weeks ago, there was an error that erased my reservations.  To be honest, I think it was my own self-inflicted error when connecting accounts.  Anyhow, my party is two separate bookings with two people in each.  Since I did not catch the deletion until late, there are no times where we can get a reservation seated together.

This is my first sailing with Princess.  On other cruise lines, we were able to go to the dining room immediately after boarding and get the parties connected.  Do you think I will have any problems connecting the two bookings?  We presently have several reservations, some at the same time but at different tables.  None of the reservations have us sitting together.

tia

12 hours ago, caleblyn said:

Quick Question...

Our sailing is in a week.  I reserved dining times awhile back, but recently, about two weeks ago, there was an error that erased my reservations.  To be honest, I think it was my own self-inflicted error when connecting accounts.  Anyhow, my party is two separate bookings with two people in each.  Since I did not catch the deletion until late, there are no times where we can get a reservation seated together.

This is my first sailing with Princess.  On other cruise lines, we were able to go to the dining room immediately after boarding and get the parties connected.  Do you think I will have any problems connecting the two bookings?  We presently have several reservations, some at the same time but at different tables.  None of the reservations have us sitting together.

tia

You should be ok. They also have a dine line you can call from the stateroom and speak with the dining staff. If they can accommodate you, they will.

One major issue I've had with the app this sailing is with dining times. I get an error telling me a dining time is full no matter what dining room/specialty restaurant, or what time, even if it's shown as available. Unfortunately, if you've already got a time reserved it will delete that one before you figure out there's a problem making a new one. My experience could be a one-off, but I'd recommend making changes by either talking to dining staff or calling the dine line just to be safe.

On 6/12/2024 at 6:04 AM, Italy52 said:

Princess has had tote bags around for a long time.  However, when there was a problem with the supply chain and I think during Covid, Princess stopped giving them out.  On our coastal cruise in April, we got one but did not get one on our Royal cruise.  I have seen pictures of the bags from other cruisers' posts so wasn't sure if they were making a complete comback or if it was hit or miss.  Here is a picture for you.

20240612_062830.thumb.jpg.808cb151ed821c7846867b4b663d1428.jpg20240612_062830.thumb.jpg.808cb151ed821c7846867b4b663d1428.jpg

Thank you! To be honest I've never seen them, not on this cruise, and not on any of our previous cruises since we started with Princess in 2022 (Royal, Sky, Majestic, Royal). Are they intended to be used while you're onboard or meant as gifts?

12 hours ago, _rusty_shackleford said:

Thank you! To be honest I've never seen them, not on this cruise, and not on any of our previous cruises since we started with Princess in 2022 (Royal, Sky, Majestic, Royal). Are they intended to be used while you're onboard or meant as gifts?

The Princess tote bags seem to be a hit or miss on ships these days and not exactly sure why this has happened.  We have taken 20 cruises with Princess and used to get them all the time.  When we got to our cabin the bags were either on our bed or they were attached to a hanger in the closet area.  Now, when we board the ships if we get one fine.  If not, then no big deal.  And, yes, they are a gift from Princess to the passenger.  Passengers sometimes use the bags for shopping totes when they roam around town; good advertisement for Princess.  Hope you are enjoying your cruise.

On 6/8/2024 at 12:43 PM, Italy52 said:

@_rusty_shackleford, thank you for your post, I appreciate you answering questions.  We just got off the Royal May 18-June1st cruise. We will be returning on the Royal August 10-24th, same itinerary.  If you don't mind, can you post if you got an Immigration/Customs form PRIOR to debarkation in Vancouver.  We were handed ours after debarking the ship and in line for our clearance.  It was quite hectic for all trying to move along luggage, fill out a form and then present it to the authorities.  Also, our disembarkation time was delayed to 9:30 AM from 6:30AM like our original itinerary showed -- no word as to why.  So, if you could, please verify when you will be getting off the ship when you have the final notification time shown on the disembarkation form.  If you have eaten in the buffet, did you notice that fresh cut fruit was scarce and that American cold cereal options were very minimal?  Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

Our customs form was waiting for us in our cabin on our last night.

10 minutes ago, _rusty_shackleford said:

Our customs form was waiting for us in our cabin on our last night.

Thanks for letting me know, I really appreciate it.