Sirena: Just boarded | Sevilla to Dublin

clairol

I love a good library. Don’t get me wrong, I have spent memorable time on Riviera and Marina’s libraries - a plus to have Barista’s right there. But I had forgotten how lovely and intimate the library is on the smaller ships. Such a luxury! 

IMG_4732.jpeg

IMG_4733.jpeg

IMG_4734.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Something I didn’t know and absolutely love now that I know it… Apparently, once a month they shut down Horizons for a “private function”. The private function is a big old crew party. They take over Horizons and are given free drinks or dollar cocktails. LOVE to know this hardworking crew gets to let their hair down properly. Made the Oceania Club gathering we attended last night that much sweeter knowing that after it they were off to party. 🎉🪩🍾IMG_4866.thumb.jpeg.0978492ea71952251ababfcb61a1e1d1.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 10:40 AM, clairol said:

I had forgotten how lovely and intimate the library is on the smaller ships. Such a luxury! 

Abso(frickin)lutely!  It's why some of arrive at the pier as early as possible on boarding day: not for lunch with the crowds at TC and Waves, but for first crack at whatever's new on the shelves.  

It's also where we enjoy waiting on disembarkation day between 8:00a.m. "out-of-cabin" time and when our luggage tag color/number (usually the last) is called.  

Such a sweet "good-bye" it is as we reluctantly trudge down the stairs to the gangplank.

Edited by DrHemlock
  • Like 2