Horseback Riding Belize

Cruise4Sunshine

We just got back from the best-ever shore excursion in Belize. We booked online through http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com/ They were very professional, and easy to find inside the port area. Our tour guide was Richard, a lovely man in love with is country. His expertise in all things Belezian made the time pass very quickly. We drove about an hour into the jungle to the Maruba Resort. What a beautiful place! The lobby restaurant was decorated beautifully, even the toilet seats in the bathrooms were hand painted and whimsical. Off we went with our guide who walked us through jungle paths to the stable, where our well-groomed horses were ready, even a 3 week old foal that followed it's mother throughout the ride. We went through jungle, savanah, and swamp land, seeing spider monkeys, Jesus Christ lizards, crocodiles (in the distance), and birds of every kind. On return to the hotel we were shown to a pool for day guests, cool & refreshing after the jungle trek. We opted to stay and have lunch at the resort (not included), had a rum punch - very potent - and some great food. I would highly recommend this to anyone wanting to get away from the crowds for the day. We heard over 400 people from our ship did the cave tubing, we had the best day ever at Maruba with Richard.

I just returned from a cruise to Belize City abord Carnival and had a most amazing and fun experiences horse back ridding with Trevor and Cathy at Smugglers Run Plantation. They came and picked us up from the cruise port and took us by SUV about a 30 min drive to the location. The scenery was breath taking and the horses were beautiful, we went on a ride through the jugle for about 1 1/2 hrs with very informative guides who pointed out many interesting facts. As we retuned lunch was served and we were treated like family by our hosts. This will definately be my most morable experience from my cruise. Thank you Cathy and Trevor for making our trip. I definately recommend people who are looking to go ridding to contact Trevor, thier web site is www.sumgglersrunbelize.com or trevor@sumgglersrunplantation.com .

Happy Traveling,

Melanie

Archived