Caribbean Princess Sanctuary

We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess in February 2025. I am interested in the Sanctuary for this cruise. I understand that it's hugely popular and you have to go up as soon as you board. I do have a couple of questions:

1. Is there priority if you book for a the entire week? If so, how does that work when you arrive?

2. Is the price still $40 per day and $20 half day for a lounger and $200 full day and $140 half day for a cabana?

3. Is a Cabana that much better for a party of 4 than just getting 4 loungers?

4. I sailed out of San Francisco last Presidents weekend. The ship was chaos. I attributed this at least in part to the fact that San Francisco has so few  cruises (generally) and more specifically, even fewer short cruises over a holiday. This cruise will be Presidents week. Since there are so many options for cruises out of Florida, are they as busy?  *When I mean bust I am referring to sailing at 500 passengers over 2 per people per cabin capacity)

5. Anything ese I should know?

Posted (edited)

I can tell you there is no priority in booking the Sanctuary. It is first come first served. The Cabana was fantastic. 

Edited by oregonN
added content

Wr sailed on her this last February on an 8 day Caribbean cruise. They had just filled up reservations when we got there (and we went ummediately). But they put us on wait list. We showed up a couple days later and they got us in. Our attendant Iliajas took great care of us and made sure we had spots available on the other 2 days we wanted (probably didn't hurt that we tipped very well but he deserved it).

No priority for getting a week. Honestly they were just writing reservations in a plain spiral notebook.

I think the prices were as you stated or real close to that.

Didn't do the cabanas so can't really say if they are worth it. I live in Wisconsin so for me the whole point of a cruise in February is to soak up as much sun as I can.

Our ship was close to capacity but I never really felt like it was chaos, with the exception of tendering for Princess Caye. Gave up on that and went to the Sanctuary instead.

We booked a cabana for our 30th anniversary on the Caribbean last summer as well as a 1/2 day in loungers on the last day of the cruise.  The cabana comes with 2 loungers in front of the cabana in addition to the sofa and chairs that are in the cabana.  IMO, it is well worth the cost of the cabana which was $220 for a full day.  It came with a bottle of hard liquor and mixer which you don't get with just a lounger.  It is well suited for a group of 4.  Despite the loungers being under the shade sails, we still got sun.  We enjoyed both the cabana and lounge experiences and highly recommend them.  Looking back though, we would have booked the last day in a cabana as well had we known how awesome it was!  If possible, try to get priority embarkation, we had originally booked a RC mini-suite and then upgraded to a window suite (awesome cabin BTW) and were able to board early.  I was the 3rd in line to book the Sanctuary.  Others not too far behind me were denied.  Keep in mind that anyone doing a B2B cruise will have the opportunity to book the Sanctuary before you board. Good luck!