Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale.... Info Please

ilionite65

Hi all, could use some advice here. I just booked the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale North for a pre-cruise overnight stay. Anyone familiar with this hotel? I would appreciate any info you can give. Most importantly, is it clean? Thanks in advance!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn-North last year. The hotel has free shuttle service from airport to hotel - you need to call them when you have collected your luggage (there is a bank of phones to various hotels in the baggage claim area). When you check in you will be assigned a time to go to the pier on their free shuttle. We had 12 noon and it worked fine. I am sure you could call a taxi if you wanted a different time then what was available. It took about 10 min. to get to the pier.

The hotel itself is not new, but it was clean (at least it was when we were there). Our room was fine, large room, kingsize bed, and large bathroom, however I am not sure all rooms are the same. Breakfast (included) was regular Hampton Inn stuff - coffee, juice, milk, danish, donuts, rolls, toast, cereals, fruit, waffle (make your own), that sort of thing. Nothing exciting but enough to hold you till you get onboard.

For one night the place is fine. There is a strip mall across the street with a grocery store if you want to pick up some items, or get a sandwich at the deli (we did, we had a long flight and did not want to go out). There are a couple of fast food places right there also.

Overall, for one night it's fine and the staff were all pleasant to us.

Hampton looks like a nice place. We stayed next door at the Comfort Inn 4 times when it was still a nice place to stay. Really sorry to hear of it going down hill. The shuttle service serves both the Comfort and Hampton and is excellent. We were assigned shuttle times at the Comfort but as soon as the van arrived people just started throwing luggage in the van a jumping in. We took a waiting taxi to the pier for about $14. You should enjoy the Hampton.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed here the past two years.. without a complaint. Not only were we able to get the free shuttle from the airport without a problem. We arrived both times between 2am and 3 am.. and they showed up promptly. We enjoyed the breakfast. My son loves the sausages.... the staff is very helpful.. since we arrived so late we took a cab instead of the shuttle to the pier, as they only had a 2pm shuttle left and we like to get there around 11am.

It is very inexpensive.. for the taxi..

There is a wendys right there too.. and a asian restaurant.. a liquor store.. and the grocery.

Not a neighborhood to walk around but perfectly fine for a one nighter.

The hotel shuttle will also take you to a restaurant if you ask..

Enjoy your stay..

Archived