Seriously, How is the Destiny?

Vatmax

It's been a few years since we've been on her. We really enjoyed ourselves and she does have the itinerary that we like for this coming February. I'm concerned that we've spoiled ourselves by going on these newer ships lately. We usually pick our cruises based more on the boat and not the ports. I just picture the Destiny dirty and dingy by now. Please tell me that's not true. Has she had a recent remodeling?

I don't understand why Carnival doesn't put a newer ship on the Destiny's route.

Thanks for any input!

IsssSss dat miiiy beer ?

Atlantic(Premier)(10/91)

Festival (Carnival)(12/93)

Inspiration (Carnival)(3/01)

Destiny (Carnival)(2/02)

Fascination (Carnival)(2/03)

Legend (Carnival)(2/03)

Glory (Carnival)(2/04)

????? (????????) (?/05)

I sailed on the Sensation in 2000. 12 years after she came into service. I Did not experience a dingy , dirty ship. I experienced my first cruise. The Sensation was a lot older then what the Destiny is now. Im sure Carnival does not allow their ships to become dirty and dingy. I think they do a fine job keeping things going.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

We sailed on the Destiny April 18th of this year. We were so pleased with the ship, that we rebooked the cruise for this coming fall. This was our 10th cruise with Carnival. Our last cruise was the Glory and she was only six weeks old, before that we sailed on the Legend, which I beieve was only a few months old. Yes the Destiny is a older ship, however she doesn't look her age. The food was good, the service was impeccable and you can't beat the islands that she visits. I wouldn't hesitate to sail her again and again.

Cookie

We sailed the Destiny in February of this year. It was our first cruise, so we have nothing to compare, but we liked it so much, we booked the Victory for January 05. We were impressed to see the crew constantly cleaning and painting the ship. The food and service was outstanding. We had picked this cruise for itinerary and were not disappointed there either. We will do the Destiny again after exploring other destinations!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;1;30;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

1/30 Victory cruise

I have to admit, I like the newer larger ships (Conquest), but loved the itinerary, and although there was 'maintenance' going on during the entire cruise, still had a great time. The crew is great ( they seem to like the smaller ships... and all the ports- get's rid of us icon_wink.gif). I'd book the Destiny again anytime, but the next will probably be a new itinerary (got to 'see it all' icon_biggrin.gif)

To Sea, or not, to See.

Starward 81, Volendam 83, Oceanic 87, Majestic 93, Victory 2/10/02, Imagination 5/23/02, 1/30/03, Conquest 12/28/03, Destiny 04/11/04

Conquest New Years Cruise

http://community.webshots.com/user/crisp1028

was on the Destiny last nov (o3) and enjoyed the ship alot- great food and entertainment- would consider going again if a great deal along- I've been on older ships (the Festival, Norway) and also newer ships (Paradise) and found her to be just as clean as the newer ships!

I was on the Destiny Oct 2003. I thought he ship was great and beds extremely comfortable. I slept on the open up coach and it was just as good at the regular beds.

One problem, the AC broke and we returned to port two days early.

Pam

My parents are on the July 4 sailing. I was a bit worried as they have only sailed Celebrity. Thanks for the good words all!

No longer cruiseless...donations still accepted! Miracle 2/2005

Last cruise

Sensation 2/17/03

We missed Aruba. . .the one island I really really really wanted to go to. Carnival was great. They gave us 50% back and 50% off another cruise. I never expected that much and am more than happy with it. They also arranged hotels, gave us food credit to use at the hotel, and changed our flights and we didn't even book our flight through them.

Pam

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jazzcookie:

We sailed on the Destiny April 18th of this year. We were so pleased with the ship, that we rebooked the cruise for this coming fall. This was our 10th cruise with Carnival. Our last cruise was the Glory and she was only six weeks old, before that we sailed on the Legend, which I beieve was only a few months old. Yes the Destiny is a older ship, however she doesn't look her age. The food was good, the service was impeccable and you can't beat the islands that she visits. I wouldn't hesitate to sail her again and again.

Cookie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We were on the Destiny the same week as you. Did you see the "survivor" game? My husband was the 1st one voted off! So proud I was! We were with a family group of 18, and loved it. The islands were wonderful, the service was great, and the food was very good. The ship was older, yes, but in good shape I thought. There is no reason you shouldn't enjoy yourself.

Archived