Booking excursions for expedition cruise

DaveA

We are booked on a great lakes cruise on Octantis in September 2024. It will be our first Viking cruise.

The FAQ on the Viking website says we can book excursions 100 days in advance (we're in an N1 cabin), but when I log in to MVJ it tells me excursions will be available to book from 10 August.

Have things changed, or is it different for expedition ships?

Thanks
Dave

The date that you can book depends on your cabin category.  We are DN2 and some of the included tours were already full when it was our turn to book.  I'm hoping that this can be changed onboard.  It's a different amount of advance time for the restaurants as well.  We leave next week on the Polaris.

I was just on the chat with VIking about this last night, if you go to FAQ it shows more days out for booking excursions. Viking encourages passengers to use MVJ but it doesn't coincide with what is in writing on their website...many are sold out already and I get to pick tomorrow. Hoping to get it changed once onboard. Curious why the expedition ships have a much shorter time for booking excursions compared to Ocean. We have an Alaska trip in September and have already booked all our excursions.

The weather can affect excursions more on VE than the typical cruise.  We added several things on board as stuff opened up.  Just saying there my be options on board.  Don't worry too much, VE is great.