Amalfi coast, does anyone remember private tour approx 10 yrs ago

rowval

Hi I arranged a private tour group about 10;years ago in the Amalfi coast, they picked us up at the ship

was a popular tour back then, for an extra fee we went o an amazing restaurant that was a B and B for a fantastic meal

would anyone remember the tour operator name or the restaurant/bed and breakfast motel name? 

I charge as much as I can on credit cards when traveling.  I have downloaded monthly credit card statements since 2008 and have them filed on my computer.  If you happen to do the same, a search may help you find the tour company and restaurant names.  Hard copies of statement would offer the same information.

Old email correspondence would also yield names and dates. Also, this board is still showing posts well before 2010.  Perhaps you posted about your trip around 2014.

Good luck...

11 hours ago, rowval said:

would anyone remember the tour operator name or the restaurant/bed and breakfast motel name? 

Did you take any photos that day? Looking at them may answer at least part of your question.

Or did you perhaps post a restaurant/B and B review on Tripadvisor if you were a member at the time?  If so, it woul be easy enough to review your older postings.

or consider posting on the cruiseline thread of the ship you sailed with the name of the ship, the travel date and the private tour info in case somewhere who shared with you sees it.

4 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

Did you take any photos that day? Looking at them may answer at least part of your question.

Or did you perhaps post a restaurant/B and B review on Tripadvisor if you were a member at the time?  If so, it woul be easy enough to review your older postings.

or consider posting on the cruiseline thread of the ship you sailed with the name of the ship, the travel date and the private tour info in case somewhere who shared with you sees it.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, rowval said:

Hi I arranged a private tour group about 10;years ago in the Amalfi coast, they picked us up at the ship

was a popular tour back then, for an extra fee we went o an amazing restaurant that was a B and B for a fantastic meal

Was it possibly Fabrizio from Allarounditaly? Went to a fantastic restaurant in Positano. Going again this year with him.

Edited by abouna

1 hour ago, abouna said:

Was it possibly Fabrizio from Allarounditaly? Went to a fantastic restaurant in Positano. Going again this year with him.

No I don’t think so, will look him up,thanks

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, rowval said:

, is there a way to view older posts? Like from 10:years ago?

You could look at your own "see my activity" posts to see how far back they go, otherwise you might need to contact CC directly  to ask.

And you could SEARCH this Italy Ports forum, or the SEARCH  "everywhere" option using the SEARCH tool,but for that you would need search words other than "private tour" or "Amalfi "or "restaurant" as you could  otherwise risk getting  a few thousand results to wade through as these words are amongst the most frequently used on the Italy forum.

Why is it so important?  If you are returning and want to repeat the tour, there are still several well recommended private tour operators and no doubt some well recommended restaurants to be found.

And since you last visited, times have changed and the "Amalfi Drive" has become more and more congested  leading to delays, so there may only be time for a quick "on  the go" snack instead of a  leisurely restaurant meal.

Edited by edinburgher

13 hours ago, edinburgher said:

You could look at your own "see my activity" posts to see how far back they go, otherwise you might need to contact CC directly  to ask.

And you could SEARCH this Italy Ports forum, or the SEARCH  "everywhere" option using the SEARCH tool,but for that you would need search words other than "private tour" or "Amalfi "or "restaurant" as you could  otherwise risk getting  a few thousand results to wade through as these words are amongst the most frequently used on the Italy forum.

Why is it so important?  If you are returning and want to repeat the tour, there are still several well recommended private tour operators and no doubt some well recommended restaurants to be found.

And since you last visited, times have changed and the "Amalfi Drive" has become more and more congested  leading to delays, so there may only be time for a quick "on  the go" snack instead of a  leisurely restaurant meal.