one more luggage question

travellgirl

WE will be flying from Tahiti to Bora Bora post cruise. I know we have a 44lb limit per person, but what if they bags are overweight by a little. Will they still take them for an extra charge - or is there a definite weight limit on what the plane will take. We do plan on leaving one piece of luggage in storage a the airport, but I would like to know if I have this option also. Thanks.

If you're leaving one piece in storage, then I would make sure that the piece you're taking is under the wieght limit (for the packing of any souvenirs youmight pick up). They were pretty strict with our flight and made a couple of people store items in lockers before they let them on. We are on some little hopper just, so it might be different if you're taking a charter or one of the bigger planes. I wouldn't take the chance mysefl, especially since you are already planning on storing some stuff. Hope this helps.

Charlie

Charlie,

Thanks. That was basically my feeling. Yes, I would like room for anything we may buy while there. And I probably don't need as much as I think I need for 6 days in Bora Bora. I would rather be on the safe side.

Really all that you will need in Bora Bora are a couple of swim suits, shorts, (or sun dresses) and sandals. Check out the vanilla there - we found some that is mixed with powdered sugar and you sprinkle it on stuff - wow, was that a hit back home! More so that the vanilla beans - not everyone cooks with them. Best part - both are small items! Have an incredible time!

Charlie

We noticed on our flight to Manihi in 2004 that contrary to the stated regulation about 1 small carry-on allowed on the flight the local people were carrying on numerous small bags with no problem. So for our flight back to Papeete from Manihi we carried water, a newly purchased map stored in a tube and a change of clothes for our flight back to the states in addition to my purse and my husband's camera bag. Air Tahiti had no trouble with this.

Archived