Loyalty Match Fine Print (that I can't find)

caviargal

Important to note that, per Silversea, the status match only applies to bookings made on or after May 30, 2024. Therefore, any reservations deposited prior to that date do not qualify. Maybe I am missing where this is stated but that is what I was told yesterday, after several hours on the phone with SS over the last 4 weeks.

For me, the loyalty match was not a simple process and still has not been completed. They told me yesterday to call RCI and of course RCI told me the issue is with SS. My form was submitted a month ago. Nothing has been done and they can't even figure out why I was not assigned a VS # after my first cruise with them in March. I was looking forward to laundry service in Alaska next month but it looks like I am doing my own.

The original notification definitely stated for bookings made after a certain date, which I seem to remember as being June 5th.  Nevertheless, I had 250 nights listed in My Silversea and the current ship I’m on had that listed also. (I have actually sailed less than 200 days.)

You should have been given a VS number after your first SS cruise.  That is something for Silversea to fix first.

My take is that any qualified RCI or X passengers who had booked their first future SS cruise before June will not qualify for laundry. Another minefield! Only time will tell.

• Like 2

I cannot find that information but so be it.  The FAQ's and T's and C's say nothing about a date that the cruise needed to be under deposit.

I have been trying to get the VS issue fixed for over a month now.  I never get the same answer twice and am just over what a time suck this has been.

There are two dates in play -

For bookings after 5/30/24, you can apply member savings to new voyages (5% or 10% depending on VS days).

For sailings departing after 6/5/24, you receive member benefits (such as laundry or upgraded champagne in suite) based on your matched VS days.

According to the T&Cs: (bolding is mine)

Member Level status granted through the Loyalty Status Match Program will be effective on sailings departing on or after June 5, 2024. Notwithstanding the foregoing, VS member savings on future voyages are available on new voyages booked after May 30, 2024, provided a participant has received his or her new Member Level status in VS pursuant to these Loyalty Status Match Program Rules.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PANK of Three said:

There are two dates in play -

For bookings after 5/30/24, you can apply member savings to new voyages (5% or 10% depending on VS days).

For sailings departing after 6/5/24, you receive member benefits (such as laundry or upgraded champagne in suite) based on your matched VS days.

According to the T&Cs: (bolding is mine)

Member Level status granted through the Loyalty Status Match Program will be effective on sailings departing on or after June 5, 2024. Notwithstanding the foregoing, VS member savings on future voyages are available on new voyages booked after May 30, 2024, provided a participant has received his or her new Member Level status in VS pursuant to these Loyalty Status Match Program Rules.

Exactly!   Now if SS would understand their own programs it would be helpful.  We sail in 2 weeks and are Diamond Plus on RCCI and Elite on Celebrity. They have yet to issue the loyalty match, no one knows why and I want my laundry for Alaska 🙂

Edited by caviargal
change

We just completed Silver Dawn Norway from 5 - 15 June and received the points upgrade laundry benefit. It was great - we sent it out daily and went home with mainly clean clothes.

On 6/22/2024 at 2:40 AM, AJCM said:

We just completed Silver Dawn Norway from 5 - 15 June and received the points upgrade laundry benefit. It was great - we sent it out daily and went home with mainly clean clothes.

Hopefully VS will get their act together before we board but I am confident based on the past 3 weeks of trying to get this done.