Invergordon/Inverness HOHO Bus

kad56

Is there a HOHO bus near the port? Or a shuttle that takes you to the HOHO in Inverness from Invergordon? I can find some information about it online, but the most recent reviews I could find are from 2019, which makes me wonder if this is still a thing.

11 hours ago, kad56 said:

Is there a HOHO bus near the port? Or a shuttle that takes you to the HOHO in Inverness from Invergordon?

Trains and public buses connect the two but you might want to consider a private tour or a shorex..

If you have not already searched for and read past threads for Invergordon, reading some of these might help you plan your day

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=invergordon&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=148

There's no ho-ho bus for Invergordon, and the Inverness ho-ho goes nowhere near Invergordon.

This website seems to suggest that you can catch the Inverness ho-ho from Invergordon, but you can'thttps://shoreexcursioneer.com/invergordon/hop-on-hop-off-city-sightseeing-bus-inverness.html

Note the line on that website "Those arriving on a cruise ship into Invergordon will need to take a shuttle/taxi from the port into Inverness (cost not included but some cruise lines provide this service".

There's a train service from Invergordon to Inverness, return fare £18 pp, journey time 50 minutes. Poor frequency but trains which would suit cruisers.

Inverness is pleasant enough but not special, and IMHO  its ho-ho would be a waste of money.

You'd do better to take a tour - mebbe Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness, mebbe the Culloden battlefield & Cawdor Castle, mebbe the Cairngorms

JB 🙂

• Like 2

I can recommend both Thistle Excursions and Wow Scotland tours.  We’ve done bus tours on both and they were great!  Both were interesting, organized, and fun.  They also offer smaller tour groups for those interested in a more private experience.