Did I make a good cabin choice?

lianaks

Hi,

I need your opinion, I booked Alaska cruise for July on starbord side aft bump out AC category. I just find out that I am on the upgrade list so I ask my TA to get my name off the upgrade list. Did I make the right decision?

After read all the thread on cabin choice to Alaska, the cover balcony cabin is more prefer choice because of the potential rain and starbord side also more prefereable. Since I am on AC Dolphin deck (starbord side) the next upgrade would be AB or AA midship which is uncover balcony but more stable at sea. I hope I made the right choice not to upgrade if it available. What you all think.

Liana.

I think you're splitting hairs. A starboard cabin is a slight advantage on a northbound cruise, makes no difference on a return trip. A covered balcony makes no difference because when it's raining you won't be on your balcony, covered or not, except possibly if you're sitting still somewhere and there's no breeze. Relax and enjoy the anticipation!

I don't have any answers for you as this is my first Alaska Cruise, second cruise ever. I know nothing about cabin types and don't really care as I am just so excited to be going on a vacation without any children.;)

But how did you find out you are on the upgrade list?

From what I can tell, that stateroom would be very nice, you are saying it is the AFT of the ship right? There is no rooms on that boat per say which looks out the back, just on the sides. Do you know your room number or since you are upgrade they didn't give you one.

I made sure when I booked I took the room I wanted as I didn't want any suprises since it was Alaska, so I picked an aft room, and I won't change it. From what I see on that ship not very many balconies are covered, which is odd...I may be mistaken I will take a closer look

SHADIEEIE,

I booked second cabin from aft starboard side, it was not an upgrade. This cabin balcony is cover (Carol Princess, Dolphin Deck), I think this is the better cabin, the next better upgrade would be midship which the deck is not cover. I just hope I did the right choice by remove me from being upgrade. I found out by accident that I am candidate of being upgrade and been told that princess don't call and ask they just upgrade. Since the next upgrade is not a better choice that why I asking you all for opinion :)

Liana.

Liana,

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/Members/847932/Coralprincess/images/exterior6.jpg

I think you did the right thing, it looks like you got yourself a really nice cabin. I personally like the back of the ship, and if you got your stateroom number then you won't have no surprises and no well if I had only....just enjoy your cruise, I am sure your room will be fine. The pictures of them look really really nice.

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/Members/847932/Coralprincess/images/exterior3.jpg

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/Members/847932/Coralprincess/images/exterior4.jpg

Hope these links work for you.

Archived