Sydney NS Rental Car

Hi Cruise Critics,

Planning a Canada/New England cruise and was going to book a car in Sydney as I have been there a few times.

Looking at the options in Sydney, none of the US major brands (Enterprise, Avis, etc.) seem to have locations walkable to the port.

Does anyone have experience renting in the area, and if so, how did you get from the port to the agency? Do any of them offer shuttles? I don’t recall how readily available taxi’s were in the area, and I don’t think Uber and Lyft are popular up there.

Thank you in advance!

Posted (edited)

Cannot help with car hire, but we were there last September and took a taxi to Membertou.  There were no taxis at the port, but we got a number from the side of a taxi we saw.  Cannot remember the name, but it was based in the town and did not take long for one to turn up.  We walked back after our visit, so did not need another taxi. 

Edit

DH thinks the name of the taxi company was City Wide Taxi's, which is based in Sydney.  He has just found it on Google and the name sounded familiar to both of us.  There is also an online entry for a car hire company who say they will collect you from the port.

Edited by tring