Volendam Neptune Suite - Accessibility

We have booked a Canada cruise for next year in a Neptune Suite on the Volendam. After doing my research I see that the Volendam doesn't have walk-in showers in their Neptune Suites. My mother has some mobility issues, one of which is that it would be difficult for her to access a tub. How does HAL deal with ADA issues. I see only one Neptune Suite that is wheelchair accessible and I would hesitate to try to book that as my mom doesn't use a wheelchair, but I have concerns about the bathroom situation. Any one have any suggestions?

54 minutes ago, HermmyGranger said:

e have booked a Canada cruise for next year in a Neptune Suite on the Volendam. After doing my research I see that the Volendam doesn't have walk-in showers in their Neptune Suites. My mother has some mobility issues, one of which is that it would be difficult for her to access a tub. How does HAL deal with ADA issues. I see only one Neptune Suite that is wheelchair accessible and I would hesitate to try to book that as my mom doesn't use a wheelchair, but I have concerns about the bathroom situation. Any one have any suggestions?

I would suggest you contact HAL and get in touch with someone in that department that can help you.   I know they supply shower chairs but not sure that would be helpful …. Since climbing in would still be required.   Also you can look at actual pictures on HAL facts to see if you think your Mom can navigate the regular Neptune suite.   You do not have to be in a wheelchair to require an ADA room.   My mom never used a wheelchair but she could not crawl in a tub or even step over to sit down in a shower chair.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My mom and I are going next week in the accessible Neptune suite.  We were assured there is a shower.  She doesn’t use a wheelchair but uses a rollator.  I can report back on the situation and share some pictures.  There is another site that has a lot of pictures of rooms also. If you pay a small fee you get more pictures. 

1 hour ago, lisacruise2 said:

My mom and I are going next week in the accessible Neptune suite.  We were assured there is a shower.  She doesn’t use a wheelchair but uses a rollator.  I can report back on the situation and share some pictures.  There is another site that has a lot of pictures of rooms also. If you pay a small fee you get more pictures. 

Thanks! That would be great.