"Check In"

On 6/30/2024 at 7:27 PM, Mike45LC said:

What time does the on-line check-in start?  I've heard midnight on day minus 14, but what time zone?  I think I heard that it is midnight at the "local time" for the home port of the ship involved, but I'm not sure.  When I drive (five hours minimum), I have never reached the pier-side after parking and doing luggage before 11:30 a.m. or noon, so really early doesn't matter to me.  But I want my time slot to be any morning slot.  

On one thread on Cruise Critic, it was stated that if you are priority, you can ignore the arrival time slot and just show up early, but the FAQ on Carnival's website says "no," that you are still bound by your arrival time slot.  

Mine was this past Saturday night (29th) into Sunday for the 14th. So if your cruise sails on July 30, you can check in the night of the 15th into the 16th at midnight. I had some issues with mine, though. The website was being funky, maybe it was just me. I would put in the requested info, click "save and continue" and it would jump to some other random request for a different passenger in our group.

I ended up stopping at 1am and coming back to it the next morning, got all of the passports again and went through step by step and the site seemed to be working better. I also felt the need to call Carnival and ask them some questions and they were able to help me.

I was, however, able to pick my arrival time through my confusion, and all of them seemed to be available. I'm not 100% sure my cruise is sold out, so that could be why.

Hello,

I have a reservation under my name, which includes my brother in law. I was planning on checking in around midnight. Can I just put my credit card info in for him and then change it to his after we board? I didn't really want to ask him for his credit card info. I did this with NCL but changed his credit card info prior to boarding and it changed my boarding time to later, since I made a change.

Edited by tonyfall1

On 6/30/2024 at 10:19 AM, havanadaydreaming said:

Have 1030 port arrival tomorrow in miami but i flubbed up.  Plane lands 945am FLL. Ack. 

We always arrive day before, get hotel and embark about noon but this saved us about 500 on airfare for 2.  

Cutting it close but the port arrival time is only the earliest time Carnival asks that you arrive.  Boarding is up to about 1 to 2 hours before the ship leaves port.  Check with Carnival for exact time for last call for boarding.  

Good luck.

Attempted to check in 9pm Pacific time (midnight Eastern) and check in not available for my cruise leaving from Long Beach, CA. Still not working at midnight local time. Finally was able to check in just before 1am local time (4am Eastern). I skipped through everything and only chose the terminal arrival time. First time available was 11:00am. If there were any 10:30am or earlier time slots they were already gone before I could even access the check in process. After some sleep, later in the morning around 7am Pacific time, I went back to complete the check in, but my bedding option was not correct and when I tried to change it I received an error message of some kind. A few hours later I went back in again and I was able to change the bedding option. I feel like the system is a little bit clunky and needs some attention to work properly. I never had an issue checking in with an airline when the check in time became available so I'm not sure why this is a problem with Carnival recently. I could not find any clear communication exactly when (i.e., what time) check in should be available - only the day "Online check in can be accessed within 14 days prior to sailing...". Is it written anywhere on Carnival's web site that the check in time begins at midnight Eastern time for all cruises? If so, please provide the link as I'd like to see it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2024 at 7:49 AM, tonyfall1 said:

Hello,

I have a reservation under my name, which includes my brother in law. I was planning on checking in around midnight. Can I just put my credit card info in for him and then change it to his after we board? I didn't really want to ask him for his credit card info. I did this with NCL but changed his credit card info prior to boarding and it changed my boarding time to later, since I made a change.

I get around this by just listing cash as the payment method and then switching to a card at the Port check in.

You could do that for your brother-in-law.

• Like 1