ABCs - Snorkel, Dive or Sites

We are heading to the ABCs at Christmas (on a cruise) and are trying to decide what to do on each island. I know Bonaire and Curacao have amazing diving and snorkeling. Assuming we'll dive in one location and snorkel in the other, then which one do you recommend for each activity? I'm getting the sense that there's no wrong answer, but I still want to hear opinions and recommendations (including operators for tanks, etc). ~ Thanks!

I dive in Curacao with the Dive bus,they take you in a van to various shore dives around the island,they are super friendly to deal with.

On bonair we did the Klein Bonaire drift snorkel taking the water taxi there and back. There are also a lot of other good dive and snorkeling vendors on both islands.You will love them both.

@CruiseDuds

You are correct that you really cannot go wrong with either island. For diving on Curaçao, I would recommend CURious2Dive. Hans there will pick you up at the port and take you diving up in the tugboat/directors bay area.  More often than not you would be the only Divers with him from my experience. I think the maximum group size would be four people. (https://www.curious2dive.com/en/)

For Bonaire, it’s a bit expensive, but I’ve always had good luck with VIP diving. They pick you up at the port and you can pretty much plan that they will take care of your entire day. Nitro is included with their price if you are nitro certified. if you do some research before going, they will take you to whatever diets you like. That means anywhere on the island, so you get something of an island tour as well as your diving. (https://vipdiving.com/)

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Been to the ABCs numerous times on cruises.

Dived with Dive Friends on Bonaire (twice) and Scubacao (3 times) on Curacao.  The last time we were in Bonaire we (my wife who doesn't dive) rented a golf cart and drove around the island and stopped and snorkeled as we went. It was pretty fun and hit all the snorkel spots. So if you wanted something different a golf cart is something to think about.