Windstar excursions

My sister and I will be taking Santa Cruz de Tenerife to Barcelona cruise next year and are working on excursions. I have a couple questions.

1. The start times listed for the excursions on the windstar site are all 8:30 am .. even the wine tours.. are these times correct or will they change when time gets closer.

2. For private windstar excursions, how much flexibility is there telling guides what we want to do? For instance, we want to go to Fatima during the stop in Lisbon. When would we tell them thats where we want to spend the time and have a good guide for the area?

3. After docking how long a wait until we could get off the boat to start a privately arranged tour from tours by locals. If the boat docks at 8am, generally, can we disembark in a half hour? an hour?

Thank you for your thoughts!

1) Generally, times don’t change but there has to be some flexibility if situations change. I hate morning wine tours but sometimes that is what you get,

2) if you hire the Windstar private excursions you have all the flexibility you want. We have often used Catia with Lisbon Stories ( she used to work with TBL) and love her flexibility and style,

3) I’d allow 30 minutes from when the boat docks but any tour company will understand if you don’t get off the ship at the exact time. We have used Tours by locals in over 30 countries and have always found them accommodating. They check the ship schedule and have a good idea as to when you will actually be off the ship.