Fremantle for a day

We will be in Fremantle from 7 AM to 5 PM on Nov. 6. We had tickets for the ferry to Rottnest Island, but they changed their schedule and the new times made the return to Fremantle much too close to boarding time for our ship. We're now trying to decide what to do that day. It seems that I can find lots of tours in Perth, but would like to know if anyone can offer suggestions for Fremantle. Thanks!

Take a cruise up the Swan River to Perth and return, a great way to see the beauty of Perth, Freo and the river. Alternatively go to the Little Creatures Brewery good food great craft ale.😋

• Like 2

This may help you 

Things to do in Fremantle

We are on the same cruise as you and intend to get a train in to Perth (walking distance to dock) and have a look around there for a few hours, then back to Fremantle and have a look around there for the remaining time.

I looked for either a one-way or return river cruise on the Swan River, but the companies that I looked at seemed to not have anything running on that day as I couldn't select the date on their booking engines or maybe they are booked out already.

There are lots of ferries to Rottnest Island from Freo.  They are very close where they dock, it might be worth looking into it more.  The quokkas are amazing.  If you are sitting eating lunch under the trees, they will walk all over you.  

On 7/6/2024 at 8:05 AM, Raison said:

This may help you 

Things to do in Fremantle

We are on the same cruise as you and intend to get a train in to Perth (walking distance to dock) and have a look around there for a few hours, then back to Fremantle and have a look around there for the remaining time.

I looked for either a one-way or return river cruise on the Swan River, but the companies that I looked at seemed to not have anything running on that day as I couldn't select the date on their booking engines or maybe they are booked out already.

Check that your cruise ship hasn't booked all the ferry's for shore excursions.It is rather queer that even Viator will not take a booking for that date, maybe a local in WA can explain.

Have mentioned in previous thread but will do so again - if you are interested in history, Fremantle Prison, once a convict prison, now a heritage site, does very interesting tours, especially the underground tunnels one.

On 7/6/2024 at 7:35 AM, Raison said:

If you have time, the bell tower and the mint in Perth are well worth doing - you can get a combination ticket to both and then either catch public bus - but is easy 15 minute walk between them, we just walked it

google Gold and Bells package, Perth

• Like 1