Waitlisted for Tours

dock

Posted (edited)

Hi all, we’re waitlisted for two tours on our  upcoming Vista  cruise. 

How likely is it to clear the waitlist? 
Rep was unable to tell me how long waitlist was or my place on it. 
Secondly, do we have to check with the tour desk if it does clear or will receive a notification? 

We are doing a combo of Ship and Private tours so I’m trying to have a Plan B in place for those days. 
Thank you. 

Edited by dock

Posted (edited)

On our last cruise in April we were waitlisted for one tour. Upon boarding, we found that Destination Services had no record of any waitlist, but there was availability of the tour, so I then booked. 

I would not count on clearing any tour waitlist pre cruise.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have a NYC-Montreal on Insignia for Sept 15-30, 2024 booked May 2023.

We usually book tours very early, but waited until early Feb 2024 and found ourselves on a Waitlist for our preferred Ottawa tour.  We booked another tour in place of the WL one. We were told that we would be notified if we cleared the WL and the one booked would be cancelled and replaced.

Sure enough, in late June (last month) we got an email "Shore Excursion Waitlist Clearance Notification" in the subject line. It contained a PDF for PreSelected Tours indicating the change, as well as the entire invoice/paperwork since, there was a small change in price for the WL tour.  That was followed up with an email directly from a member of the tour dept indicating the change.  Note:  These notifications came very close or after to Final Payment date.

If you clear prior to getting on the ship, it will be easy for you to get the message if they follow this procedure for all WL tours that have cleared for guests.  We felt it was well handled.

Best of Luck!

• Thanks 1

On our cruise this upcoming September (on the Riviera) there is one tour I thought I would like to take at the only port of call I still had to book. I waited too long as it's not only waitlisted but the excursion has a warning saying the excursion is now closed. The problem is that none of the other excursions jump out at me. Oh well, one stop out of six is not too bad. Now to see how much luck I get when the specialty restaurants are open to reserve for the non-elites. 🙂

• Like 1

The higher the excursion price, the more likely there will be cancelations and you will clear the waitlist. You may or may not get notification of clearing the waitlist, sometimes tickets will show up in your cabin mailbox without prior notification. So do check with destination services to confirm status. 

• Thanks 1