Getting on Princess Cruise in Vancouver-Travel to port

We are getting on a Princess Cruise out of Vancouver.

Will arrive late the night before and have a Hotel near the airport.

Is it easier to just catch the Princess Shuttle at the airport to the port or get a Taxi/Uber?

How early can one get to the port for departure?  We have a 4pm departure.

Thanks,

SkyTrain / Canada Line is the least expensive, most user friendly with luggage and takes you directly to Canada Place.  You will have to exit the station and walk a short distance to the luggage drop off.  I have done it numerous times and it is very easy and safe.  

Your cruise line should be advising your checkin time.   You will be required to checkin with the cruise line, go through security and go through US Customs and Border Protection. Facial recognition software is now used and expedites cruisers through the process.  However, if you showed up at 10 am you should be okay.   

We cruised out o Vancouver last month and we could not board the ship until 1pm - we were advised to not even arrive until then - the ship had only come in at 9.30 that morning so they couldn't cope with new passengers any earlier.

However, we were there a little early and the procedure at the port was that we checked in as per usual, got our medallions, and then went off anywhere we wanted and simply had to return by a certain time (I think we were a 4 pm sailing too).  So there was chance for lunch on shore and a bit of a wander around.

I would recommend a taxi, to be honest (the prices from the airport are regulated  (might have been around $36 I think?) and Canada Place is very busy with debarking passengers too - but the taxi will take you straight down to the drop off bay where the porters will take your luggage from you - totally hassle free.

Enjoy your cruise!