UK plug sockets in deck 5 Britannia accessible cabins QM2

Jules.

Anybody know if there are any sockets near the bedside cabinets in these cabins? I’ve had a little look at interactive website where there are photos of cabins, and the exact cabin photo was there, but the photo quality isn’t clear and I’m decided if I can see a plug socket or not? Thanks, if I can’t find out on this forum then I’ll phone Cunard.

Jules 

1 hour ago, Jules. said:

Anybody know if there are any sockets near the bedside cabinets in these cabins.

I believe it has been mentioned somewhere on here that there are, but they are for bedside lights. YouTube cabin reviewers don't usually think of pulling the bedside cabinets out to film behind them or behind the bed. I didn't think to look either when we were onboard because we were fine with the desktop sockets. I've got it on a mental list of things to check next time, but not until next June.

I presume that there is only one socket for the light and you need to know what type that is and either bring a suitable multiway adaptor or do without the light.

For standard Britannia staterooms on QM2 there is definitely not a socket near the bed, the usable ones are all by the desk. I've no idea about non accessible ones, or how the bedsight lights get their power. On QV and QE I do know for a fact (and have a grim picture!) that the lights are fed by a European socket. I know that extension leads are provided on QM2 for accessible cabins, you bring your own, but it must not have a surge protector on it.

Thank you, I thought that there would not be a plug socket atop the bedside cabinet, but just wanted clarification. Three more sleeps! 

@Jules. I knew I'd seen posts regarding this. I assume that all Britannia Balcony cabins have the same type of electrical equipment. I have several of these (old fashioned) UK 13 Amp block adaptors with three outlets.

• Like 2