Rio and Iguazu Falls before or after cruise

conchqn

We would love to go to these two places either before or after our cruise. Finding it very complicated. Has anyone done this and have a few tips for us 

Very appreciated, Thanks

Hi, this needs some more info to answer. Where do you leave from or end? Are you looking to do a DIY or a ship excursion? I did it at the end, as we ended the cruise in Buenos Aries, Argentina, where we stayed for about a day. Then we flew to the falls for 2 and 1/2 days and went on to Rio for 2 and 1/2 days. We used the help of a tour company. It was not as inexpensive as DIY, but it was worth the weight in gold working out the details.

Just now, Shella73 said:

Hi, this needs some more info to answer. Where do you leave from or end? Are you looking to do a DIY or a ship excursion? I did it at the end, as we ended the cruise in Buenos Aries, Argentina, where we stayed for about a day. Then we flew to the falls for 2 and 1/2 days and went on to Rio for 2 and 1/2 days. We used the help of a tour company. It was not as inexpensive as DIY, but it was worth the weight in gold working out the details. I will add: What ever you do DO NOT miss the falls. They are BREATH TAKING.

24 minutes ago, Shella73 said:

Thank you for your quick reply. Our cruise leaves out of Buenos Aires and ends in Ushuaia. We haven’t traveled since Covid and I am definitely out of practice when it comes to researching and planning. I am definitely open to using a tour service, just haven’t come across that yet. Do you have the name of the one you used ? 

26 minutes ago, Shella73 said:

Claudia Coral claudia.c@enchantingtravels.com

Is who we used. It was my 1st big International trip, and there were 6 of us. She was a God send. If you talk to her give her my best. 

Thank you, I will definitely contact her and say hello for you. I was thinking about canceling the cruise because all this other stuff was getting to be too much. Maybe this will save the day 😎

• Like 1

I got distracted. I meant to keep going. We did this in Jan 2023; we still talk about it at least 3x a week amongst each other. We love talking to anyone who will listen and look at the pictures at the slightest provocation. I feel this will ( and I hope it does) last the rest of our lives. We stopped in Ushuia as well.  In BA, you MUST go to the Tango show Claudia set up for us; it was mesmerizing.It even captivated my 22-year-old son. He changed his PlayStation name to TangoMaster! Rio needs a guide just for skip-the-line privileges. Christ the Redmer was moving, and I did not expect that. But, the nonguided line was HUGE! The Falls needs an experienced guide for skip-the-line privileges and knowing when to be where never mind language skills and knowledge of the park. Our favorite guide was the one we had for the falls; we liked him so much that we named our new puppy after him when we got him after the trip. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shella73 said:

I got distracted. I meant to keep going. We did this in Jan 2023; we still talk about it at least 3x a week amongst each other. We love talking to anyone who will listen and look at the pictures at the slightest provocation. I feel this will ( and I hope it does) last the rest of our lives. We stopped in Ushuia as well.  In BA, you MUST go to the Tango show Claudia set up for us; it was mesmerizing.It even captivated my 22-year-old son. He changed his PlayStation name to TangoMaster! Rio needs a guide just for skip-the-line privileges. Christ the Redmer was moving, and I did not expect that. But, the nonguided line was HUGE! The Falls needs an experienced guide for skip-the-line privileges and knowing when to be where never mind language skills and knowledge of the park. Our favorite guide was the one we had for the falls; we liked him so much that we named our new puppy after him when we got him after the trip. 

Thank you for being so helpful. I appreciate all the tips !!

21 minutes ago, conchqn said:

Thank you for being so helpful. I appreciate all the tips !!

You are welcome. I hope it helps. The boards and other social media were super helpful. What ship are you looking at? 

4 hours ago, Shella73 said:

You are welcome. I hope it helps. The boards and other social media were super helpful. What ship are you looking at? 

NCL Star, 13 day

I read complaints about NCL in South America, but I'm taking a chance 🙂  I sent a message to Claudia, so hopefully I will hear back from her 

Thanks again

• Like 1

We used EcoUruguay to arrange our flights, hotels and guides for two days at the falls. I rarely use tour companies, but like you I was getting so overwhelmed that I finally decided it was worth it to have someone else do the planning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, conchqn said:

NCL Star, 13 day

I read complaints about NCL in South America, but I'm taking a chance 🙂  I sent a message to Claudia, so hopefully I will hear back from her 

Thanks again

We did NCL on Star 14 days. Loved the ship, the crowd was older. We appreciate NCL for the freestyle methodology. We have been on quite a few trips with them. We had some issues w buffet, but love specialty dining and main dinning rooms. 

Since your cruise starts in BA I would do the falls at the beginning of your trip.  We flew from BA to IGR and stayed on the Argentinian side of the falls at the Gran Melia Iguazu.  The hotel was amazing with views of the falls from the property and rooms.  We used iguassuprivatetours.com who were recommended on a CC forum.  We saw both sides of the falls, Brazil and Argentina.  It was a fabulous experience.  I hope you decide to make the trip.  Cherie