Booked an Hurtigruten expedition cruise - so excited!

Priya2

I’m so excited. I started yesterday thinking we might book a £3500pp Antartica cruise with Princess Cruises. We have sailed Antartica in 2017 with Azamara. It was lovely, but I have huge misgivings about personally contributing again to pollution in that area on a standard cruise ship. I know I still have to fly there, but the heavy oil used to power standard cruise ships away from port worry me the most. Anyway, one thing led to another and we’ve signed up to a gorgeous Hurtigruten trip, Highlights of Antartica sailing on 10th March ‘25. I’m loving that it’s a hybrid ship and the company has such great eco friendly policies. It’s so exciting for us. The focus on science is perfect for hubby and me. 

I’ve traveled with Hurtigruten on one of my expedition cruises, and while I definitely prefer the smaller ships, I thought Hurtigruten did a great job handling the larger passenger load (though I was still on the Fram, which is a lot smaller than the new builds). And as someone on the shorter side, the polarcirkel landing boats are a veritable treat compared to some of my experiences clambering into a zodiac!

Will you be sailing on the Amundsen or the Nansen?