On board Symphony right now

fpat

I am not loyal to any one line.  I cruise based on where I am looking to go and what ship is going there.  My last cruise was on the old Crystal Serenity on 2019.  By far the best food and service of any cruise I have been on including one ship that was only 20 on board in Alaska with a private chef. Have not cruised since but I have 4 booked .  On Crystal now, X Flora in November, Oceana for Japan in March and Seabourn in Sept 25 the Arctic.  Just had to post saying that there is nothing that compares to the level of food and service on Crystal.  Myself and my wife are so impressed with the level of service on the new Crystal that surpasses our last Crystal cruise and we were in the top suite.  We are in a Sapphire suite this time but very impressed with the room design space bathroom etc. The service is above a Four, Seasons Ritz Carlton or MO hotel. So intuitive but not in your face. Anticipation of all needs before you can think about needing something.  You can not sit anywhere on the ship without being asked if you would like anything.  You can eat in the dining room without your water, wine etc being refilled before empty. The Food has been outstanding and top for any cruise we have been on in all venues. Only posting here if there is anyone debating on taking a Crystal Cruise.  Or deciding on Crystal Vs another line. Do not give it a 2nd thought just book it!  The ship itself is in great shape, spotlessly clean and no issues.  Can’t recommend enough!  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

I see you have booked a cruise on Explora. If you really enjoy the variety and quality of the cuisine on Crystal you may want to rethink your Explora booking. Their menu in all venues except Emporium is the same for every meal. We found meal time unappetizing. No doubt I will be chastised once again by Explora lovers for being in any way critical but there it is.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

I see you have booked a cruise on Explora

Who has? I think you are getting confused - X-Flora is not Explora Journeys 

But as you’ve raised it (again) I’d say lucky them if they have though - we certainly enjoyed all the dining experiences on Explora I and never got bored with the menus as we were more than happy to repeat several of the dishes or try something different - choice is good after all 

Dining is so subjective but there were many dishes we liked better than similar ones on Crystal - but maybe that’s just us….

Actually if I’m not mistaken Crystal doesn’t change the menus in Umi Uma, OdO or Tastes (yes I know they do change Tastes menus occasionally) each night do they? That leaves Waterside which does change regularly - but as I said the choices on Explora provide plenty of options each night 

Edited by Stickman1990
  • Like 1

Sorry about the X Flora Explora slip up. My mistake. 
Not sorry for expressing MY OPINION once again on shipboard cuisine. Hard to figure why this annoys some folks. Oh well. 

12 hours ago, Whipsnade said:

Sorry about the X Flora Explora slip up. My mistake. 
Not sorry for expressing MY OPINION once again on shipboard cuisine. Hard to figure why this annoys some folks. Oh well. 

Here's why your post #3 annoys some folks. fpat mentioned they are already booked on several other cruises, including one in the fall. No one wants to hear they made a mistake or won't have a good time on that cruise and have to worry about it for many months. Now, if fpat had asked for opinions on food on other cruise lines, then your post would have been appropriate. Instead, imho, you're just blowing hot air.

• Like 4