Aurora Balcony Cabin Question

We are looking at balcony cabins C253 or C257 on the Aurora. I notice on the deck plan that these are over The Playhouse.

Can anyone tell me if there would be much noise in these cabins when a film is showing or any other activities are taking place?

21 hours ago, weatherman46 said:

We are looking at balcony cabins C253 or C257 on the Aurora. I notice on the deck plan that these are over The Playhouse.

Can anyone tell me if there would be much noise in these cabins when a film is showing or any other activities are taking place?

That is one location we have always avoided, so will be interested in any replies, but not sure if they really are a problem, or not.  

We’re currently on Aurora now (Norway & Iceland) & bear in mind it’s an older ship so the insulation between cabins isn’t up to current standards. We’re in a balcony cabin towards aft on deck 10 (B) & it is definitely noisier than more recent cruises we’ve been on. I realise this doesn’t answer your specific question but is a general observation.

Posted (edited)

Interesting to read this as we were on Aurora 22nd June - 4th July and with the exception of a drawer slamming elderly neighbour, we found Aurora to be the quietest ship by far that we have sailed on! (You can find my review - Aurora Virgins). We were on C deck Balcony cabin mid aft.

Regarding our drawer slamming neighbour, I actually spoke to her with regards to this after 6 days of being woken up by the drawer concherto shortly after 7am with a repeat performance around 6pm!! 

She seemed oblivious to the annoyance the pesky drawers were causing but to give her her due we had no further issues after I spoke to her until the final morning! 

I have to say here that in our 12 years of cruising on 20 plus cruises we have never had cause to speak to a neighbouring cabin! Don't want you to get the wrong impression of us!!

Julie

Anyway I know this doesn't answer the OPs question but I hope it helps a little bit.

Edited by Peppers mum
Words missing