The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday July 15th, 2024

3 hours ago, superoma said:

Good evening, everyone. Let me start by well wishes for anyone ill or awaiting tests. I am too tired to try to itemize the last two days. I just got caught up, no wifi last night at the campground. And now we are home. This was a very short vacation. We left Sunday morning even though I had a cough and cold thinking I might feel better as the day progressed. NOT. And to top it off, DH picked up my cold. His includes muscle fatigue. It was a tough drive home today, 8 hours out yesterday and 8 back today. We got as far as our first stop in  Cornwall Ontario . Thank goodness for highway 407, a toll road north of Toronto so we could miss the traffic tie ups on the 401 in Toronto coming home.  Whatever they charge me in toll will have been worth it! Hoping for a better day for both of us tomorrow. We will test for COVID in the morning but I think it is just a very bad cold.  Good night all.

Eva, I sorry you both are fighting a cold, and had to cancel ypur trip after one day.  I hope you boyh are better soon, and that the covid tests are negative.

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

DD in Gander called yesterday.  She has Covid, for the second time.    She thought it was a cold, but tested as she was supposed to go in to work, and wanted to be sure she was okay, as she has a trainee she needs to sit quite close to… 

Ann, I'm sorry your DD has covid again. I hope it she feels better soon.

41 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I was hoping to get off work at 5, but the assistant manager scheduled a call back for me an hour after 5, so I worked an extra hour and a half.  Sold 2 bucks over 8k.  I made the shrimp peanut salad again, as i still had ingredients, and DH does eat it, and then Donna came over for leftover cherry chocolate cobbler.  She too loved it.

Dh did not have a good day, he thought the pain in his right leg justified going to the emergency room, I read the dr's instructions.  It did not justify going to the emergency room.  I made him call the doc, and they told him to sit still, put his leg up, and STOP CROSSING HIS LEGS!  I was busy at work and told him that his lunch was in the fridge, but he didnt want to eat.  Cant gain weight if you dont eat. Long day for me.

Annie, congratulations on the sale.  I'm sorry your DH did not have a good day.  I hope tomorrow is a better day for him.

Lenda 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Erg and double erg! I was BBQing hamburgers, had the deck door open and a very low-flying helicopter from the army base flew over the house. It scared the cat and he came running into the house---with a very plump mouse in his mouth. Of course it wasn't dead, so it is now behind one of the cabinets in the living room. The cat is on guard, but something tells me we're going to have to start moving furniture. Oh, the joys of country living.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 8

41 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

Erg and double erg! I was BBQing hamburgers, had the deck door open and a very low-flying helicopter from the army base flew over the house. It scared the cat and he came running into the house---with a very plump mouse in his mouth. Of course it wasn't dead, so it is now behind one of the cabinets in the living room. The cat is on guard, but something tells me we're going to have to start moving furniture. Oh, the joys of country living.

When we lived in the country, our cats would bring us all sorts of criiters as presents, including shrews, mice and once a very small bunny.  One cat became very adept at hiding them in his mouth.  At times, we even had to let the cats recatch their gifts when we couldn't.

Lenda 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Update: Cat's patience paid off. He finally caught it, then played with it in the middle of the living room until I grabbed the broom and got it outside. Phew! Certainly didn't want a mouse decaying near my computer. Generally, he brings birds in so feathers everywhere. I guess we have a hunter.

• Like 12