Crazy way to do business

We recently booked a cruise with Marella for October online, After it was booked and deposit paid we thought why not add on a three day stay in Dubrovnik this was priced at an extra three hundred pounds, We were unable to do this online so we went to our TUI travel shop where the assistant said it wouldn’t be a problem. She made a phone call and said that there would be a fifty pound admin fee each to change the booking, We agreed to paying it and told her to go ahead. She then told us that they couldn’t honour the two hundred pounds discount code CRUISE 200 that we had used on the original booking. This meant that to book the three extra days that would have cost three hundred pounds if booked online was in effect going to cost us six hundred pounds.

Of course we didn’t go ahead with it and I left the TUI shop scratching my head, What a way to do business.🤔

Posted (edited)

Hi B

I,m actually scratching my head at the fact your scratching your head on how TUI go about their business😉

Seriously though its bad crack but TUI,like many other companies its about squeezing as money  from your pocket as possible

This £50 admin fee pp crunches my gears as well for basically somebody punching a keyboard to alter a few details

Like you I,d have walked away as well

Ps

Just back from a TUI/Marella cruise and stay  where our outbound flight(British Airways) was delayed by 2 hrs and we were given £5 voucher pp(5 of us so £25)to spend at Gatwick airport.

A)We were boarding at the time of these being handed out

And drum roll………………..

B)We were flying from Edinburgh

🤔

Edited by Jim The Scot
  • Haha 2

I have noticed that using the app if you want to add a hotel stay before the cruise you can only have a full week, but if it’s post cruise you can have 3 or 4 days as well as a full week. 
I don’t understand why you can’t have less than a week  pre cruise depending on the frequency of flights to your destination. 

9 hours ago, Jim The Scot said:

Hi B

I,m actually scratching my head at the fact your scratching your head on how TUI go about their business😉

You are correct Jim, nothing that TUI comes up with should surprise us these days.

hoping you enjoyed your recent trip.😉

Keep well.

19 hours ago, LouisaMW said:

I have noticed that using the app if you want to add a hotel stay before the cruise you can only have a full week, but if it’s post cruise you can have 3 or 4 days as well as a full week. 
I don’t understand why you can’t have less than a week  pre cruise depending on the frequency of flights to your destination. 

AnotherTUI anomaly.

Its like they don’t want the custom.🤷‍♂️