Last minute help LHR to Southampton

I've posted on the sticky about getting to Southampton from LHR, but as I'm travelling later today, I'm somewhat anxious about getting a timely reply.

My flight to LHR T5 has been cancelled and I'm rebooked on a much later flight which doesn't arrive until 19.15. I had booked with National Express, but I'm a bit concerned about arriving after 22.00 at Southampton Coach Station in case I can't get a taxi to my hotel.

I have no intentions of walking (elderly, solo female) so really need a taxi.

My other thought is to have a taxi/transfer from LHR to my hotel, but I would really value personal recommendations.

Thank you.

Just googled southampton minicabs...there are loads. Give them a ring before you set off to make a pre booking. Hopefully JB will come on here soon to give some local recommendations.

Simon

As posted on the wiki, Uber operates in Southampton or - for a more relaxed arrival - consider staying the night at LHR then heading down to Southampton refreshed in the morning. The Sofitel is a very nice hotel connected directly to T5 or there are cheaper options a short bus or taxi ride away.

16 hours ago, sddsddean said:

Just googled southampton minicabs...there are loads. Give them a ring before you set off to make a pre booking. Hopefully JB will come on here soon to give some local recommendations.

Simon

Sorry, been away & no wifi.

The OP will hopefully be bedded-down by now, either here or there.

JB 🙂