Apprentice contest up and running

cuccicruisers

I was reading some of the rules (looking for a rule against entering more than once with multiple emails) and I found that if a Canadian wins they have to answer a mathematical question for eligibility. Does anyone know what that is about???

~Intrepid

As Canadian citizens, when we win prizes, we have to answer a mathematical question to win something because it's against the law to give/get something for free in Canada. In the US., you have to pay taxes on your winnings, in Canada, we do not pay any taxes on any of our lottery or prizes winnings. This math question usually is pretty easy, add, subtract, multiply and divide with pretty simple numbers ie. (3+5) - 2 * 4/ 3 = ? in this case it's 8...

As Canadian citizens, when we win prizes, we have to answer a mathematical question to win something because it's against the law to give/get something for free in Canada. In the US., you have to pay taxes on your winnings, in Canada, we do not pay any taxes on any of our lottery or prizes winnings. This math question usually is pretty easy, add, subtract, multiply and divide with pretty simple numbers ie. (3+5) - 2 * 4/ 3 = ? in this case it's 8...

Gosh, I figured the mathematical question would be something like...

"How many Americans does it take to change a lightbulb?" :p

To those who may be away (on a cruise) when the winners are announced and/or contacted. The rules state that if NCL cannot contact you by email or phone (I think within 3 days) you will forfeit any prize.

~Intrepid

Oh great, that would be my luck, NCL can't reach me because I'm on one of their cruises. Now, I need to ponder a back up plan... who can I leave my cell phone with, who can check messages at home, who can retrieve my emails.

Does anyone know the exact date that they will start contacting the winners?

To those who may be away (on a cruise) when the winners are announced and/or contacted. The rules state that if NCL cannot contact you by email or phone (I think within 3 days) you will forfeit any prize.

~Intrepid

That would totally be my luck....I never win anything so I would win and they will call while I am on the ship. I can't even remember what phone number I put on there. So whoever gets my forfeited prize please remember me especially if you need a cruising buddy. :D

Archived