Norwegian Sky ( Airports)

Posted (edited)

I’m a major early planner, and our cruise out of Punta Cana ( La Romana) does’t leave till March 2026, my question and yes I’ve already called NCL and they can only tell me about the two airports they pick up from, Punta Cana and Santiago De los , but when I’m checking out airports, it’s keeps coming up La Romana International airport that is only 10 mile to cruise ship, has anyone used this airport for catching the cruise ship ? We’re flying from calif so it’s take some planning out , thanks for any help 

Edited by ready4funryou
Spelling

I am interested in this also.  Like you I am a big planner and we too will be taking this cruise in March 2026....the 23rd.  I am not finding much informtation on this port as an embarkation port.

We’re the 23rd as well, I think we’re going to fly into Punta Cana use the transfer , then depart from La Romana, but still doing the research, I don’t understand why NCL can’t tell me any info. 

On 7/24/2024 at 7:24 PM, ready4funryou said:

I’m a major early planner, and our cruise out of Punta Cana ( La Romana) does’t leave till March 2026, my question and yes I’ve already called NCL and they can only tell me about the two airports they pick up from, Punta Cana and Santiago De los , but when I’m checking out airports, it’s keeps coming up La Romana International airport that is only 10 mile to cruise ship, has anyone used this airport for catching the cruise ship ? We’re flying from calif so it’s take some planning out , thanks for any help 

We haven't been to LaRomana in about 10yrs, but we used to take a taxi at the airport to the resort. I'd think that it wouldn't be more than around $40 US to take a taxi from LRM to the cruiseport. You can book a transfer on a site like suntransfer. They quote you in Euro's. I believe you'd pay later and the $37.42 Euro's works out to about $40 US. Which leads me to believe you'd be able to take a taxi for around $30 US. I'd budget for $40 for 2-3 people. At the airport they will start high and just say no and walk away. They'll follow. In LRM, we found that most transactions were in Euro's and it was a process to get the US amount. Whatever a transfer service would cost, you should be able to get a taxi for less. Just make sure you agree on the price before you get in the taxi.

If you are staying at a hotel before the cruise, step outside and talk to a taxi driver about transport to the port and you'll get a better price than just getting a cab on the day of sailing. Also, talk to the driver about a return ride to the airport. You should be able to book a better price for your return. The driver should give you his contact # on what's app and I'd confirm it.

The bus ride from Punta Cana is almost 2hrs, same with Santo Domingo as La Romana is almost between the 2.

Just a headsup, English is not in the top 3 languages in La Romana, but we never had much trouble finding someone that was fluent and helpful. I'm like you, an early planner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oceans 818 said:

We haven't been to LaRomana in about 10yrs, but we used to take a taxi at the airport to the resort. I'd think that it wouldn't be more than around $40 US to take a taxi from LRM to the cruiseport. You can book a transfer on a site like suntransfer. They quote you in Euro's. I believe you'd pay later and the $37.42 Euro's works out to about $40 US. Which leads me to believe you'd be able to take a taxi for around $30 US. I'd budget for $40 for 2-3 people. At the airport they will start high and just say no and walk away. They'll follow. In LRM, we found that most transactions were in Euro's and it was a process to get the US amount. Whatever a transfer service would cost, you should be able to get a taxi for less. Just make sure you agree on the price before you get in the taxi.

If you are staying at a hotel before the cruise, step outside and talk to a taxi driver about transport to the port and you'll get a better price than just getting a cab on the day of sailing. Also, talk to the driver about a return ride to the airport. You should be able to book a better price for your return. The driver should give you his contact # on what's app and I'd confirm it.

The bus ride from Punta Cana is almost 2hrs, same with Santo Domingo as La Romana is almost between the 2.

Just a headsup, English is not in the top 3 languages in La Romana, but we never had much trouble finding someone that was fluent and helpful. I'm like you, an early planner.

Thank you for the inforamtion

6 hours ago, ready4funryou said:

We’re the 23rd as well, I think we’re going to fly into Punta Cana use the transfer , then depart from La Romana, but still doing the research, I don’t understand why NCL can’t tell me any info. 

NCL has just added a hotel to Punta Cana.  Not much info on it through other "travel sites"  I have read past reviewers her on CC that used Coco Tours for their transfer and were happy with them.  I really need to decide if we want to spend a day or two in Punta Cana or La Romana.  We always fly in 2 days precruise but this time it just might be one day.  Glad I have time and am hoping for more input here on CC.  We chose this cruise because we have not been to the ABC islands and are looking for new ports.