Black Jack Tournament? How's that work?

LMHSRN

Can someone explain how the tournament works?

You pay a fee an what does that include?  Does that give you chips?  Do you have to buy chips?  Is there a high/low limit?

I have entered my daughter and now she wants me to explain it.  I haven't the first clue either.  LOL

You get chips, same amount as the other players at the table.

You will be advised of the minimum and maximum bet allowed per hand.

You will play a specified # of of hands. (I haven't played one in years, but if I recall correctly we had 7 players and played 7 hands. Each of us had one turn betting first, then went in order. So player 1 bet first the first hand then 2-7, Then player 2, 3-7, then first player.

Player with the most chips at the end would advance to the next round, with other winners of their first table.

Usually it is confined to one table at a time, so you would be given a time to come play your first round

Posted (edited)

Tourney ysually held in afternoon, on sea day but not always.

Played with fake chips, for tourney only.

As NG pointed out everyone gets the same. There is a max and min bet per hand. Last hand no limit.

They play as many rounds as they have entrants. You can buy as many entries as you like, if you bust out first time. Each round they keep track of a leaderboard, as once all entries are done, the top 7 scores will play one final table to determine winner. Used to be $500 promo chips to winner, but on one trip the hostess polled players and they paid 3 spots. $300/150/50.

Rules are normal BJ rules, except BJ pays 2:1. Split pairs, no double after split, double any 2 cards, no insurance offered, hit soft 17, keep chips in clear view. No side bets. Its always been dealt from shoe, with manual shuffle between each table.

My last ship they played 8 rounds of qualifying. Since max bet is limited, I've seen players split 10's to get more chips out on a later hand. I had a pair of aces on last hand and i was all in on initial bet, so no chips to split. Thats the way it goes, busted instead of getting 2- 21's.

If you get a decent score, you will want to stick around and check after each round to see if still on leaderboard. If not, you are free to continue having fun elsewhere, no reason to stick around.

Usually lot of watchers, area gets crowded. If you want a certain position at table, stand near that chair before your round. Also, your entry ticket will specify what round you play in. Get ticket early from cashier, you play early. Rebuy and you might be in round 5.

Any winnings are paid in promo chips, you cant cash those in. So you play them, if you win, you win real chips which of course you can cash out at cage.

Hope this helps, have fun!

Edited by fliprcruiser

2 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

Can someone explain how the tournament works?

You pay a fee an what does that include?  Does that give you chips?  Do you have to buy chips?  Is there a high/low limit?

I have entered my daughter and now she wants me to explain it.  I haven't the first clue either.  LOL

To buy in, you either need to pay at the cashier cage or the option should be in your cruise planner and is usually discounted when there are flash sales.  You can also buy it now and cancel it by going to the cashier so if it's part of the flash sale going on now, you should buy it