Disembarkation in Reykjavík

We disembarked Pursuit on Thursday. Immigration conducted passport checks for all passengers starting about 7:45. Our flight was later so I don’t know if you could make any special arrangements to be able to be first in line for the face to face passport check. 

On 7/27/2024 at 12:37 PM, TakingFlight said:

We disembarked Pursuit on Thursday. Immigration conducted passport checks for all passengers starting about 7:45. Our flight was later so I don’t know if you could make any special arrangements to be able to be first in line for the face to face passport check. 

I assume you meant Venture, not Pursuit.

We disembarked Venture on Thursday and it was a bit of a mess.  Immigration was supposed to start shortly after 7:30 but it was closer to 8:00, so between passengers like us who were on the 7:45 shuttle to the airport, passengers who were trying to catch taxis for early flights and yet more passengers on early excursions it was a real logjam getting off the ship. Our shuttle 7:45 shuttle finally got to the airport around 9:15; I don’t think those hailing cabs got there much earlier.  On top of that the airport was jam packed with departing passengers.  It took us about a half hour to get to the gate but only because we were flying Delta One and the check in line was short and also included security fast track.  Otherwise, I’m sure it would have taken an hour minimum.  Bottom line, any departure before 11:00 would be very risky in my opinion.  

Agree with the above poster.  We also disembarked on Thursday from a Regent Cruise and found the airport in Reykjavik to be incredibly crowded and inefficient.  Even with expedited security and business class flights, I wouldn't risk a flight before 11am.

Another data point:  last week, it took us (private car service) 55 minutes from the downtown pier (next to Harpa Concert Hall) to KEF.

KEF is a small but disorganized and inefficient airport, comingling inbound and outbound passengers in some areas.  Lines can be long and confusing in various areas from check-in till boarding.