Carnival Mastercard redeemed points for OBC, not showing up on booking?

I used my credit card points to redeem $200 in OBC and $25 bar cash for my upcoming cruise on the Venezia. I was expecting the OBC to show up on the booking details shortly after so I could put it towards Cheers, but it never showed up.

After calling Carnival I was told something changed on the Funshops & Barclays end where the OBC from CC points will not show up until we are actually on board.

Skeptical to say the least, especially if it doesn’t work out and I don’t have cell service to call in.

Anyone recently redeem their CC points for OBC and experience the same? Hoping someone had it work out fine. 

Redeeming the points on your CC for the Cruise Cash/Bar Cash will not show up until you are onboard. It will show up on your Sail & Sign account then.

We do it ever cruise, have yet to have an issue with it. 

• Like 1

IN the past, we have had a "notice" in our cabin on embarkation about the redeemed OBCfrom points.  There should have been an email sent to you after you redeemed.  Or you can proint out the rewards summary and bring with you.