Our Nicaragua port was cancelled

itsazu

We're booked on Princess for a 2025 cruise to PC and our Nicaragua port was cancelled, and changed to Puerto Chiapas, Mexico. Not thrilled to have a 3rd Mexico port... but I guess it is what it is. Curious as to why- Princess didn't tell us of the change, just changed it in our booking information. Anyone know why ships still aren't stopping there? 

We have had the same change with Princess. The downside is that will will be in Puerto Chiapas on Christmas Day where I imagine everything will be closed. 

A quick look says that there isn’t much there anyway so we will (along many others I suspect) stay on board.

Thanks @Turtles06 for this. I read your comments and always good to get the views of someone who has been.

You have confirmed what I thought and like you I do like to explore places when in port (not that we have been to many - this will be only our second cruise) - it’s why we cruise - I think staying on board will be preferable, especially as it is Christmas Day.

On 8/8/2024 at 8:19 AM, HalifaxUKFirstTimers said:

We have had the same change with Princess. The downside is that will will be in Puerto Chiapas on Christmas Day where I imagine everything will be closed. 

A quick look says that there isn’t much there anyway so we will (along many others I suspect) stay on board.

I would want to find a close local church, just to see how the Christmas Services are.  You can actually say...: we went to Christmas Services in mexico one year".  

@Turtles06 Thanks for the info on Puerto Chiapas. I have been doing lots of searching and was feeling about same as you describe about the port. I wouldn't mind seeing the ruins, just because we are there... Lots for us to think about.  Thank you for your trip review, love the pictures! 

• Thanks 1