Viking Rinda and Capitols of Eastern Europe

twototravel

We are finally getting closer to our trip on the Rinda in March. Wondering if anyone has stayed in cabin 209, or any of the ones with a balcony, and can leave a comment about the layout. I've looked at the pictures online, but sometimes the cabins are set up differently. Viking has heavily discounted this cruise as it got closer, so it is almost fully booked. Optional excursions, nor our Viking air, have been posted online yet. Do the cabins have coffee pots or is there a 24/7 machine located in the lounges? Any other tips for this particular trip?

30 minutes ago, twototravel said:

I've looked at the pictures online, but sometimes the cabins are set up differently.

It will be the same as the pictures and 360 degree view. All the Longships are the same.

31 minutes ago, twototravel said:

Do the cabins have coffee pots or is there a 24/7 machine located in the lounges?

No pots in room. There are two 24/7 hot drink stations by the entrance to the lounge, also cold water, still or sparkling, and cakes or cookies.

34 minutes ago, twototravel said:

Any other tips for this particular trip?

You'd get a better response if you said which trip, i.e. which direction you are cruising. I went on this cruise in 2019 but it's changed since then, and I have booked it for next year.

1 hour ago, twototravel said:

Any other tips for this particular trip?

Our trip ended in Bucharest, so there was a transition from the affluent modern western world to the poorer eastern one, with some towns still showing signs of recent warfare.

Two highlights was the excursion to the spectacular and scenic Belogradchik Fortress in Bulgaria, though what the weather will be like when you go in March I don't know. I wouldn't like to go in rain - or worse.

image.thumb.jpeg.9c3fc31ace15cde5ab2c02004cafe473.jpeg

and the Hungarian Horsemen were amazing

image.thumb.jpeg.bb04dc304c887973a81bdcb92cd974a7.jpeg

• Like 1

Just a clarification. Your cruise isn't until March? You said Viking heavily discounted it as it got closer, so I am surprised that it's not until March.

@CielBleu Yes, they only have a few cabins left, so trying to fill it up. We cruise begins on 16 March from Vienna. When we booked over a year ago, we got free air as a perk. Now they are offering free air and almost $1,000 off the remaining cabins.