Which Carnival ship(s) sail out of the northeast?

Sablerose

My sister, after having a ghastly experience with customer service from RCCL (I can tell the story if you want it, but I dunno if it belongs on the Carnival board or not) has taken my advice and is going to look into Carnival for their next cruise. Having spent like $1200/pp for the adults and $1000/pp for the 2 kids (age 4 and 2) on her last cruise, she was excited to see Carnival's rates are lower and they're offering a special tomorrow for a discount off the 3/4 passengers in a cabin. So she's swayed.

But they live in Pennsylvania and would like to sail from somewhere that they don't have to fly with the kids to the port.

The Carnival website is all wonky for me this morning and keeps glitching out -- can anyone give me an idea what ships and what itins sail out of the NE?

Thanks a million,

Rose

Carnival does not sail out of the NE year round.

But during the spring/summer/fall, the Legend does 8 day caribbean cruises and the Victory(I think, used to be Triumph but I know it changed) will do 4/5 day Canada & New England.

All out of New York.

Norweign Crown sails out of Phila.

But there is a lot of offerenngs from New York- Bayonne.

Norweign Dawn, Victory, Legend

Shame with Royal because they have a huge sale on some sailings that the 3rd & 4th rate is only 129 or 149 depending on the week on the Explorer

(but ROyals kid progrma starts at age three and kids need to be potty trained)

Norweign Crown sails out of Phila.

But there is a lot of offerenngs from New York- Bayonne.

Norweign Dawn, Victory, Legend

Shame with Royal because they have a huge sale on some sailings that the 3rd & 4th rate is only 129 or 149 depending on the week on the Explorer

(but ROyals kid progrma starts at age three and kids need to be potty trained)

After my sister's RCCL experience, she wouldn't sail with them again if they paid her. She's pretty hard-headed, not unlike me. :D

Thanks for all the info!

Rose, I live in pa and there are no Carnival ships that leave out of the pa port. The closest port your sister can drive to for Carnival ships is New york. There is only on ship that leave out of that port as far as I know and that is the Legend. I hope this helps. Happy Crusing!

Thank you!

This, coupled with the fact that I've referred her to my PVP, should be plenty of info to get her started. I don't imagine they would be planning on cruising until the summer anyway, so maybe there will be a Legend cruise on that "sale on the 3/4 passenger" thing for them to look into.

Thanks!

(I can tell the story if you want it, but I dunno if it belongs on the Carnival board or not)
It doesn't. :p

NE color tour sailings, and summer voyages to Bermuda are nice.

Sailing out of NYC to the Caribbean (albeit only as far as the Bahamas) in the dead of winter is, in a word, insanity. :rolleyes:

It doesn't. :p

NE color tour sailings, and summer voyages to Bermuda are nice.

Sailing out of NYC to the Caribbean (albeit only as far as the Bahamas) in the dead of winter is, in a word, insanity. :rolleyes:

My sister, hubby, 2 kids, some of his family-in-law and my mother sailed on RCCL out of - Baltimore, I think? In November. I thought they were nutso. In retrospect, not worth the $$ they paid.

Archived