2 1/2 Hour Power Failure on Liberty 3/22

mfs2k

I don't want to force posters to post on this board as I see fit or else all we would talk about is the Miracle and my chances of meeting Vin Diesel on the Miracle. Someone mentioned that she was scared away and my comment was "Can you blame her" and it went from there and this thread took yet another turn!

I just personally get offended when people comment on handicapped people in a negative way because a lot of the students I work with everyday are in wheelchairs. I see how it affects them when comments are made about them and their situation. No, I am not going to become a caped crusader defending people in wheelchairs in a single bound. Just stating my frustration! :(

IMO, Handicapped people shouldnt be responded to any differently than non-handicapped people, based on what they say.....

Should they be given equal access to facilities? - YES

Should they be assisted when possible? - YES

Should they be able to reach a bathroom when they need to? - YES

Should they be entitled to rant and rave and make irresponsible and ignorant comments, without a response, because they are handicapped ?... I don't believe so.

:) I understand your frustration too. At first you were posting what happened on your cruise and people starting accusing you of complaining. When obviously you were not. I thought your first post about the whole situation was objective and it's too bad people got so carried away.

Oh, and tuna gives you bad breath and makes you gassy - I suggest you skip it all together! :p

AH..........That explains why my office staff is staying away from me today.......

By the way, I didnt mind the orginal responses, because I agree... I wasnt complaining, and the fact that some said I was making a mountain out of a mole hill didn't bother me. Those kinds of responses are expected here when people relay what occured... Not everyone agrees with someone's reaction to a situation.... But I DID consciously try to keep my post as objective as possible to avoid undue criticism.

IMO, Handicapped people shouldnt be responded to any differently than non-handicapped people, based on what they say.....

Should they be given equal access to facilities? - YES

Should they be assisted when possible? - YES

Should they be able to reach a bathroom when they need to? - YES

Should they be entitled to rant and rave and make irresponsible and ignorant comments, without a response, because they are handicapped ?... I don't believe so.

You have every right to respond to her about her comments-sure. But you should not respond to her with comments about her handicap! Huge difference!

I'm not gassy from that end........

Ok, now that is funny!!!

Perhaps you should do your co-workers a favor and switch to PB&J or something!!! Or, if you really think they deserve it, keep with the tuna and make them suffer! :D

She got nasty and people responded in kind.......
Other way around, jocko.

She told people that we shouldn't be allowed to comment on her situation unless we were actually on the boat and experienced it. She said we had "no business" posting otherwise.

It sucks having to go to the bathroom and not being able to go. I'm sure most of us have been in that situation before. And since she was in a wheelchair it was even worse. But whatever sympathy I might have had for her I lost when she deigned to determine who could or could not post on a public message board.

Ok, now that is funny!!!

Perhaps you should do your co-workers a favor and switch to PB&J or something!!! Or, if you really think they deserve it, keep with the tuna and make them suffer! :D

I think I'll stick with the tuna :)

She told people that we shouldn't be allowed to comment on her situation unless we were actually on the boat and experienced it. She said we had "no business" posting otherwise.

It sucks having to go to the bathroom and not being able to go. I'm sure most of us have been in that situation before. And since she was in a wheelchair it was even worse. But whatever sympathy I might have had for her I lost when she deigned to determine who could or could not post on a public message board.

If you think you somehow have a constitutional right to post on this or any other message board, wrong.

I still say she was not the first to attack other posters but the other way around.

If you think you somehow have a constitutional right to post on this or any other message board, wrong.

I still say she was not the first to attack other posters but the other way around.

The poster had no right to tell us what we could and could not post... on THIS board, there are other people that do that... Laura and the Hosts... if they deem we shouldn't post something, they will remove it or let us know. I was there, and I know that she DID indeed attack...there were attacks from both sides, but she was definitely not nice in her 2nd, 3rd and 4th posts...

Constitutional right? I don't think so. However, this is a PUBLIC board. Laura, or one of the Hosts are the only ones who can tell me, or anyone else who can and can not post. One member of this board has no business telling others that they can not post to an open thread, period. Sorry, but she was way over the top.

EDIT

Sorry GC, didn't mean to sound like a parrot. I am at work and hit the "quote" option then got called away from my desk for a bit. Guess you beat me to it. ;) :D

The poster had no right to tell us what we could and could not post... on THIS board, there are other people that do that... Laura and the Hosts... if they deem we shouldn't post something, they will remove it or let us know. I was there, and I know that she DID indeed attack...there were attacks from both sides, but she was definitely not nice in her 2nd, 3rd and 4th posts...

You were where? On the ship? I don't think so.

Seems to me there were several posts by others between her first and second post, and not all of them were sympathic. Kind of hard to counterpunch without some sort of jab being attempted first.

Constitutional right? I don't think so. However, this is a PUBLIC board. Laura, or one of the Hosts are the only ones who can tell me, or anyone else who can and can not post. One member of this board has no business telling others that they can not post to an open thread, period. Sorry, but she was way over the top.

EDIT

Sorry GC, didn't mean to sound like a parrot. I am at work and hit the "quote" option then got called away from my desk for a bit. Guess you beat me to it. ;) :D

I can tell you you can't post. You can't post. Take That! :p

The guidelines clearly indicate harassment is not allowed. But it happens on a regular basis.

I can tell you you can't post. You can't post. Take That! :p

The guidelines clearly indicate harassment is not allowed. But it happens on a regular basis.

Then stop harassing these people for expressing there opinion.

Sounds like you are making a mountain out of a mole hill to me. I would have viewed it as a new experience and certainly nothing to be alarmed over.

Well I am just back today and floating adrift in the ocean without any power is not what I call 'nothing to be alarmed about".

Luckily things were repaired and nothing significant happened except for those who missed tours in Panama due to the late arrival (yes, we were one of those and not happy about it).

But to completely dismiss this is shortsighted

Uncertainty makes everyone uneasy - some are just more prone to worry than others. I wouldn't flame the OP. I also don't think the passengers needed to know every little detail of the incident. Many of the passengers were probably in bed and missed the whole event - did they need their sleep disturbed by a rambling dissertation that meant nothing to most aboard???

There was a problem, it was fixed and the ship was underway in less than 3 hours. Those that missed their excursions were more than likely compensated and still had the option to join other tours. In my book it was "No Big Deal".

Well, even if people were in bed (it happened arounf 10 pm so i doubt many were), the announcements came into the cabin - so no one was asleep after the first announcement.

And alas, Carnival chose not to compensate those who missed their tour thru the canal because of this - which after already missing Costa Mmaya was a major mistake on their part IMO.

Well, even if people were in bed (it happened arounf 10 pm so i doubt many were), the announcements came into the cabin - so no one was asleep after the first announcement.

And alas, Carnival chose not to compensate those who missed their tour thru the canal because of this - which after already missing Costa Mmaya was a major mistake on their part IMO.

Wait, you missed your tour that you booked through Carnival, due to the ship being late and they didn't reimburse you? I was never able to get an answer out of the other lady on this board. What reason did they give you?

You have every right to respond to her about her comments-sure. But you should not respond to her with comments about her handicap! Huge difference!
Noted.
Cool. Now why don't you do your office staff a favor and pop some tic-tacs!

Why do i feel like I do after i resolve an argument with my wife.....

but in this case, I dont get to have make-up s_x.

Archived